• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To Restore Or NOT To Restore?

3 posts in this topic

Ok, I have one for everyone here. A friend of mine has an oversized Golden Age comic that has an approx. 2" tear at the top of spine. The book would otherwise be a solid VG/FN. Would you have it repaired or leave it alone? My personal opinion is leave the book alone as it an unrestored Golden Age comic.

Is it right on the spine? If it is, then opening the book could make the tear grow longer. If the tear is in a place that would cause it to get worse even with reasonably careful reading, it should be repaired. If not, leave it alone.

That's my common sense answer. However, the market doesn't seem to have much common sense at the present time, so if you're planning to sell it anytime soon, you'll probably want to leave it alone regardless of the risk of the tear getting worse.