• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saga 1s

24 posts in this topic

One of my buddies at one of my more remote haunts I don't hit too often has set aside 10 of these for me, 1st prints, I'm planning to pick them up today (as he's been holding them for me for a long time and the owner is busting his chops about it) if there's interest here.

Anyone interested in them at $6 a pop + $3 flat rate shipping in the USA (more for Canada)?

They are NM, but likely not 9.8 worthy.

ok, I'll be there in a couple of hours, maybe he has some more tucked away and enough to satisfy everyone's request.

branget, i'll take it you know the cheapest way to send that much bulk to canada and will instruct me accordingly?

well, the profit margin here ain't much considering I'm going to need to buy some other stuff, etc. for him to justify giving me preferential treatment (or buy him a beer, which costs like $9 at a NYC bar nowadays...)

Here I was feeling foolish for originally buying 27 copies...

:)

Only if you still have 27 copies.

There is the snarky reply I was fishing for! :)

They are getting screened/slabbed for 9.8s now. Should have moved faster but have been distracted by my damn day job.

Seth

I am happy to fill the snarkiness need. ;)

I usually don't jump on new releases but after all the talk in the modern section I slabbed 20 copies fast track. I believe I was 1st on eBay but either way one a week for as long as I can. :)

When are you coming to Canada? (shrug)

I usually don't jump on new releases but after all the talk in the modern section I slabbed 20 copies fast track. I believe I was 1st on eBay but either way one a week for as long as I can. :)

Looking like the second half of July.

Was wondering whether to do a Saga 1/Saga 1 RRP 9.8 bundle or whether to do them separate...

Thoughts?

Well, sorry folks, "NM" over the phone is apparently not NM in person. I only found 2 of the copies to be acceptable. They're still going to cost me $3 to ship in the U.S.A. (though I can do it 1st class rather than media), so I would like $15 for the two, shipped (or whatever canada costs). Branget gets first dibs as he is the first one who accepted at full cost, but I don't know if it's worth it to him to ship just two up north. So next priority is to you guys who who anted me to knock a buck off.

I also have 2 copies of Saga 2, 2d print, sharp shape. I bought them by accident, I don't mind second prints, I just like them better if they have a different cover. I would like $2 each for them. Paid $3. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Looking like the second half of July.

Was wondering whether to do a Saga 1/Saga 1 RRP 9.8 bundle or whether to do them separate...

Thoughts?

I wouldn't just because folks may have a 9.8 of either and if they aren't duplicate collectors/hoarders, they may not be interested in getting a dupe, especially because these are expensive items. It's not like you're tossing in a nice raw Saga 1 in there, which would just be an afterthought goody extra.