• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Factor 38 $1.00 variant

35 posts in this topic

Nice. NM?

at the top and bottom of the spine in the corners there are small tears that look like they could be a production defect, not sure, and not sure how CGC grades that... other than that 2 small indents on back cover spine, NM- I guess...

never give up looking for what you want.

I only ever stopped looking for a book after I got a copy, except for the DC Presents 22 Whitman. I became convinced it did not exist. doh!

What's the story on the 22? Does it exist?

never give up looking for what you want.

I only ever stopped looking for a book after I got a copy, except for the DC Presents 22 Whitman. I became convinced it did not exist. doh!

What's the story on the 22? Does it exist?

I guess so, boardie Warlord has a copy.

Is that the Canadian edition?

I do not think so. It says clearly $1.25 for Canada.

I didn't notice that. doh! So, what's the deal with this book?

All the newsstand copies I have seen (barcode) say $1.50. Of the direct versions, copies that say $1.00 exist.

I have no clue why.

No one has an answer yet (these were only first noticed a few years ago) but my guess would be they were made in error (since 1.00 was the normal pricing, and this was a double sized issue at 1.50), inside on the 1st page indicia it is printed as 1.50

Now would probably be the time to sell. I'm thinking that there are probably a lot more of them, and the reason so few have been found is because so few people are looking. Just a hypothesis. I wonder how many showcase Whitman 22's are out there languishing in the quarter bins as well?

Now would probably be the time to sell. I'm thinking that there are probably a lot more of them, and the reason so few have been found is because so few people are looking. Just a hypothesis. I wonder how many showcase Whitman 22's are out there languishing in the quarter bins as well?

It's hard to say. There's about 40 copies on ebay right now (between individual copies and those found in lots) and I don't see any 1.00 copies. If this were an issue of Uncanny X-Men it would be a bigger deal and more people would be looking.