• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ART ADAMS in DINOSAUR ALLEY with BUDD ROOT this year at HEROES CON?

10 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if ART ADAMS will be appearing this year at Heroes Con? I believe it was last year when Budd mentioned this. I would KILL to get some pieces signed by ART. So far the list looks great! Just curious since I haven't seen William Stout on the list either?

"At next year's Heroescon we're gonna have a DINOSAUR ALLEY, where all the best Dino artists (well, that we can afford, anyway) will be there. Still working on all the details, but yesturday I got in touch with William Stout, and HE'S IN!!!! I'm pretty sure Art Adams, Michael Golden, and a certain Monkey King will be there (a good pal of Stan Lee, by the way).

Funny thing is, it seems everyone of these guys are "Monster-kids", so, there prob'ly will be something to do w/ all the Marvelous Monsters goin' on at the show as well!! You listening, Joe?!

You can expect a show as if CARL DENHAM HIMSELF were in charge! I can see savages with clubs, I see Cave-babes, & I see an almost full sized T'rex folks can get their picture with! And if I can get together w/ some of these guys I think we can come up w/ a few MORE surprises to thrill young an' old! Frank, ol' friend, I'll be in touch soon! UNGAHWA!!" -BUDD ROOT

Artist Matt Frank does some wonderful work monsters - especially Godzilla & company. I had also commissioned Matt to do a Marvel Monster splash page recreations for me last year.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=812471&GSub=113021

and here's a nice rendering of Gorosaurus!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=749863&GSub=113021