• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VTCOMICS Auction #5 - BIDDING CLOSED! OFFICIAL RESULTS POSTED!

180 posts in this topic

Back by popular demand! The insanity of a message board auction! Starts right now and we'll close it out Thursday night at 10pm Eastern message board time; with the same proviso that we had before: We'll allow the 'ol 2 minute window after 10pm to allow folks a better chance. In other words, if no additional bids are placed on a lot by 10:02 the auction is over for that lot. BUT; if a bid is placed on a lot at 10:01 it will count, and a 2 minute clock starts then for that lot. If no other bids are in by 10:03 then bidding on that lot has finished. If someone bids between 10:01 and 10:03, then the 2 minute clock re-starts at the time of the new bid. No tracking of seconds; minute mark is the decider. The frenzy at the close of the auction does take some unravelling; give me a day to figure it out and I always seek board concurrence for final results.

Bid increments: $1 increments up to $25; $3.00 increments from $25 to $50, $5 increments from $50 up to $100 and $10 increments for bids of $100-$250 and $25 increments on bids over $250. Winning bidders pay postage; we'll go with media mail to keep it cheap. I will keep adding lots throughout the week, so you'll definetly want to keep looking! All lots will have an outright BUY price if a boardie wishes to snag it right away. Payment by PayPal, check or money order. I'll be throwing up all kinds of stuff, gold, silver, whatever I can dig up. All books will either be raw or CGC slabs. (thumbs u

And awayyyyyy we go!

first up are the books left from the thread I started yesterday:

Rangers #26 3.0 CR/OW- nibble at top right corner, chip/edge tear mid way down right edge, foxing. CF detached. BUY NOW $225

a03a1430.jpg

771de28a.jpg

FF #9 1.5 CR/OW - "Well read" copy with taped spine, crinkling, and just loads of general wear. Cover appears attached due to the tape job. But she's all there and ready to fill a hole! I don't know what make's me laugh more; Ben's dialogue or Subby mean-mugging everyone.

BUY NOW $49

845c390a.jpg

c2f929b7.jpg

[Time for our first bidding update list:

As of 5/28/12 3:10pm:

Sold via BUY NOW-

TTA 59 to godquest $20

High bids-

Rangers 26- faster friends $50

FF 9- Gatsby77 $6

Archie 14- Gatsby77 $11

Plastic Man 55- DerbyDude $5