• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

early 70s convention pamphlets

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking into buying 5 early/mid 70s comic art conventionn booklets, two of The vampirella cover and others that go. For less. I have a sense of what these are worth on their own but not with the signature sections filled out. These have sigs of guys active. Bback then including kirby, romita, trimpe, buckler, etc. Including a sketch (I think from romita but it is hardto tell). Someone has one up with bws and kirby and is asking $200 buut I know that's just asking. Let's say the average 8 sigs each am I nuts pondering $150 for 5 of these? Is there a liquid market for this. Stuff?

well, nothing from the 70's or 80's can be confirmed. i'm not looking for a "whole lot", just wondering if that $150 ($30 a book) can be turned into $60-$75 a book? the sigs certainly look legit, have no reason to doubt the story, but someone 1500 miles away certainly has no reason to believe me I suppose.

$30 a pop seems fair for a collector. I'm just not sure there is much profit at those prices. They are kool time capsules of our hobby, but the niche that buys them seems pretty small. I have a few from cons I attended- Creation 74,75 ect. I certainly wouldn't part with them for $30. I have a banner from Two Man Horse that is priceless to me, but may well be valueless to anyone else.