• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC 100 Page Club

44 posts in this topic

ok, given:

DC $1 Comics

52 pagers

100 pagers

what kind of slab is CGC supposed to use? I'm clearly seeing inconsistencies, and the slab even looks warped slightly trying to accomodate the book 893whatthe.gif

Paging greggy....Paging greggy....

Ignoring my posts again... stooges.gif

ok, given:

DC $1 Comics

52 pagers

100 pagers

what kind of slab is CGC supposed to use? I'm clearly seeing inconsistencies, and the slab even looks warped slightly trying to accomodate the book 893whatthe.gif

Paging greggy....Paging greggy....

Ignoring my posts again... stooges.gif

tongue.gif The thick ones in most cases! In all cases for 100 pagers! 893censored-thumb.gif

greggy,

I've got three Ghosts #1 issues. The one just came back were in the thick cases, the other two are not. Same thing for some of the older 52 page issues. Did they not initially have the "thick" case to accomodate the thicker issues, or is this a case of "oops" at CGC encapsulation? After scanning all of my books this weekend, I've seen a good variance on which cases they use for the same type of books.... gossip.gif

greggy,

I've got three Ghosts #1 issues. The one just came back were in the thick cases, the other two are not. Same thing for some of the older 52 page issues. Did they not initially have the "thick" case to accomodate the thicker issues, or is this a case of "oops" at CGC encapsulation? After scanning all of my books this weekend, I've seen a good variance on which cases they use for the same type of books.... gossip.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif How would I know? confused.gif I guess it just depends on the encapsulator! confused-smiley-013.gif I only have around 100 slabs and not that many 48/52 page giants. However, when I did use to grade the 52 page squarebound Marvel issues, they did use both sizes but mostly they used the larger ones. 893naughty-thumb.gif BTW....nice win on your 4th Ghosts 1. Oooops...you mean you didn't win it! sumo.gif