• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JUST SAW SPIDER-MAN 2!

113 posts in this topic

There are flaws, and one of the plot twists may get purists more angry than the organic web shooters made them in SM1.

uh oh 893whatthe.gif

Doc Ock is really Spidey's dad?

Yea, and he asks Spidey to join him -- Spidey then yells "no!" and falls out of a chute...

oops, wrong movie... sorry.gif

i already knew spidey 2 will be better than spidey 1,

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, and although it looks good, we should watch it before making such sweeping predictions.

Well said. Please don't let my review get expectations up too high. There are flaws, and one of the plot twists may get purists more angry than the organic web shooters made them in SM1. Inevitably, a lot of you may hate it and think I'm crazy for enjoying it so much, but everybody has their own opinion...

Can you please

STOP

spoiling the movie?

Nothing that silly. OK, here it is... Anyone who doesn't want any more plot revealed, DON'T READ...

MAJOR SPOLIER ALERT:

The purists will cry heresy at the psychological nature of Peter's Spider Powers. It seems that the movie Spidey, when depressed or feeling bummed out, suddenly loses his ability to spin webs or stick to walls. Kind of a "spider-impotence" if you will.

Nothing that silly. OK, here it is... Anyone who doesn't want any more plot revealed, DON'T READ...

MAJOR SPOLIER ALERT:

The purists will cry heresy at the psychological nature of Peter's Spider Powers. It seems that the movie Spidey, when depressed or feeling bummed out, suddenly loses his ability to spin webs or stick to walls. Kind of a "spider-impotence" if you will.

MAJOR SPOILER REPLY:

Um...but that actually happened in spiderman comics. he lost his powers...and got them back. Not sure what issue.

MAJOR SPOLIER ALERT:

MAJOR SPOILER REPLY:

Um...but that actually happened in spiderman comics. he lost his powers...and got them back. Not sure what issue.

MAJOR SPOILER TANGENT:

He also gained the extra powers of Captain Universe, which gave him cosmic powers. It also gave him this nifty colored costume.

MAJOR SPOLIER ALERT:

MAJOR SPOILER REPLY:

ASM Annual 1

she was just short of pulling a threesome with the "Parker Brothers" but the best part of that book is finding out her true relationship with Peter smile.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

You still pushing this "Sweet Valley High" epic as Marvel Continuity? I think everyone except you has either burned ot sold off their copies.

shhh gossip.gif Spiderman: The origin 1 + Frank Cho alternate cover to 1 = $$$$ wink.gif

I thought that was Terry Dodson?

57trouble1.jpg

Cho is the cover artist for the variant 1. Dodson is on the interior. The regular cover is a photo cover...

MAJOR SPOLIER ALERT:

MAJOR SPOILER REPLY:

ASM Annual 1

You are correct sir. 893applaud-thumb.gif

It was on the very tip of my tounge.

It's a VG- (in my opinion), not graded or slabbed since I feel it would probably be better as a reading copy. There's some yellowing and an ink stain along the very top of the pages, but somehow it didn't bleed thru to any of the interiors. Someone probably shut the book and went over the top of it with a marker. Still, besides the defects, the spine is strong, there's no Marvel chipping and only a few stress lines...

asmannualcover.jpg