• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden age Detective help

13 posts in this topic

There is a 1-2mm spine split beginning on the top corner 94 that cant be seen in the scan unless you look really close...

I've never really collected golden age, but these are likely coming to me in a trade for some stuff I have and I'm not sure a) how to grade golden age and b) approximate value. We both guessed around 300$ apiece. Is this a reasonable price? I'll hold off on my grade guess until I hear some opinions. I will say that the colors are very bright and the books are very flat with no spine roll whatsoever on the 94 and a little on the 96.

Thanks in advance for the help guys,

-Brian

detective96fc001.jpg

By docparnes at 2012-05-31

detective96bc001.jpg

detective94fc001.jpg

detective94bc001.jpg

one inch or so tear on the back cover ain't going to crush a 5.0-6.0ish GA book much.

I think it's 5.5 'cause I think 6.0 without the tear.

thanks. how are goldens like this priced? do I use overstreet or is the 94 over guide once you hit the 7.0ish range?

There's probably some decent info in the sales histories of both books. While not keys GA Tecs always sell so odds are you could find some pricing info in the Heritage archives, maybe Comic Link and possibly ebay. (shrug)

To me it looks like the staples on the 96 are rusty and that may hurt the grade a bit...

Nice books and personally, I'd use a combination of Overstreet and GPA to get an idea of what to ask or expect.

#94- 7.0 / 7.5

#96- 4.5 / 5.0

I think your original opinion is very close. A 4.5 on the 96 and a 6.5 on the 94 as long as the pages are at least cream or better, no restoration or touch-ups, and no "interior surprises".......good luck!