• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 9.8 SOLD @ $22,500.00

37 posts in this topic

Not true B. Some books do not get damaged in transit, therefore it could not conclusively be said that CGC's slabs are subject to damage 100%. The books are damaged because of being mishandled. You could make the same arguement about mylars and bags. Because the top is opened on one side books fall out and are damaged.

Not true B. Some books do not get damaged in transit, therefore it could not conclusively be said that CGC's slabs are subject to damage 100%. The books are damaged because of being mishandled. You could make the same arguement about mylars and bags. Because the top is opened on one side books fall out and are damaged.

You can put tape over the top of a mylar to prevent that. There is absolutely nothing you can do to prevent a loose book from sliding around within a CGC well.

but now you are correcting a deficiency in the design of a mylar to correct possible damage. I still don't think that CGC can be found at fault for shipping damage. In the interest of customer satisfaction on the other hand they need to address the damage that can be caused from the book shifting within the well.

From the FAQ:

"While CGC is responsible for the care of your books while they're with us, any damage that occurs during shipping to CGC or after the books leave our facility is your responsibility or that of the shipping company with whom you contract. "

confused-smiley-013.gif

From the FAQ:

"While CGC is responsible for the care of your books while they're with us, any damage that occurs during shipping to CGC or after the books leave our facility is your responsibility or that of the shipping company with whom you contract. "

confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually that is pretty open-ended, unless there is another section that details a packaging method that insures a solid, stable environemnt for the encased book.

I think the bottom line is that most of us know the book CAN shift in the slab and can be damaged by it. Especially when you start getting into the uber-9's, where a small corner ding CAN reduce the "value" by some thousands.

I think the bottom line is that most of us know the book CAN shift in the slab and can be damaged by it. Especially when you start getting into the uber-9's, where a small corner ding CAN reduce the "value" by some thousands.

I am very surprised that no big investors have called CGC out on this problem yet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am very surprised that no big investors have called CGC out on this problem yet. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I definitely see it as a problem that CGC should address. Protection (I thought) was one of the major benefits being sold with the slab... (within reason of course)

It's simple, because investors are buying the label, not the book. Now, if the label got damaged, this would be a completely different story as CGC would be up to their neck in lawsuits. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I definitely see it as a problem that CGC should address. Protection (I thought) was one of the major benefits being sold with the slab... (within reason of course)

CGC does offer protection and the book is completely safe inside the well if handled properly.

CGC does offer protection and the book is completely safe inside the well if handled properly.

I have to disagree. On about 10% of my slabs, if the book is tilted, the book will slide to the other end of the well. I wonder how many times a package is turned over during shipping. No amount of packing material can stop gravity. If the inner well had tapered edges like a hard mylar, it would solve this problem.

sign-offtopic.gif That is directed at all of you. I actually stopped in to see what opinions you fine people might have consumated on the sale of the book. confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh...by the way...Hello Greg...I hope all is well?

Sincerely,

Chris Bell (AST) President

Affordable 2nd Thoughts Inc.

EBay Power Seller/Buyer : ast1155td

EBay Store : http://stores.ebay.com/AFFORDABLE-SECOND-THOUGHTS

sign-offtopic.gif That is directed at all of you. I actually stopped in to see what opinions you fine people might have consumated on the sale of the book. confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh...by the way...Hello Greg...I hope all is well?

Sincerely,

Chris;

Nice to see you on the boards. A lot of the forum members have been wondering if you finally consumated the purchase of the Spidey #1 for >$100K from JP or was this a non-deal. Sometimes it's hard to tell whether pending deals actually gets completed or not. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hello Greg

No, the Deal went south as Jay became difficult to deal with. I offered to send him $20,000.00 USD as a deposit to allow me 30 days to accomodate the balance as I would have to move some stocks. I also gave him this situation...if I did not complete in 30 days he can keep the book & money and I would right it off but he still refused and was very unreasonable at the end. foreheadslap.gif

Strange because at the start we excitedly discussed lots of business and he stated he had a buyer for the #1 and we would split the difference in commissions then he backed out. Very Difficult Unfortunately as I thought we would do significant dealings. Ohhh Well life moves on. Lots of other great books and sellers to deal with. confused-smiley-013.gif

Sincerely,

Hello Greg

No, the Deal went south as Jay became difficult to deal with. I offered to send him $20,000.00 USD as a deposit to allow me 30 days to accomodate the balance as I would have to move some stocks. I also gave him this situation...if I did not complete in 30 days he can keep the book & money and I would right it off but he still refused and was very unreasonable at the end. foreheadslap.gif

Strange because at the start we excitedly discussed lots of business and he stated he had a buyer for the #1 and we would split the difference in commissions then he backed out. Very Difficult Unfortunately as I thought we would do significant dealings. Ohhh Well life moves on. Lots of other great books and sellers to deal with. confused-smiley-013.gif

Sincerely,

That is CRAZY!!!! He must have thought that the book would eventually sell for more and decided to be unreasonable on payment terms in order to keep it. Bummer that you missed out on that. frown.gif

Hello Greg

Sincerely,

ASM #1

This sale didn't get completed? Very surprising!

foreheadslap.gif

Almost 30K page views on the hit counter on that auction!!!!! 893whatthe.gif