• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chamber of Chills 19

100 posts in this topic

Austin, youre making me think about picking up some painting tools and experimenting with certain cover redesigns.

Although I prefer reinterpretations, taken from a different angle, etc :)

Do it! lol

I would love to see some of your work.

These are simply amazing!

I can appreciate this kind of art work. I too use to draw a lot in my early years. Went through a phase drawing my own comics so I can relate to this. Your recreations are spot on. Nice work. And someday you will probably be creating your own original work. You will have to show us when you get to that. I'll be checking to see what other covers you post. All of them look great.

Thank you very much. :)

Very nice Austin,great work. :applause:

Thanks oakman, I appreciate it. (thumbs u

Super sweet!

Thanks Mike!

Hey everyone! Here's the latest 3 covers I've done. Been pretty busy the past few weeks so I haunt had as much time as I'd like to work on these. The hulk 340 is only about half done with the coloring but I will post a pic of it when it's finished. Let me know what you think of em!

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_9028.jpg

IMG_6599.jpg

Hey everyone! Here's the latest 3 covers I've done. Been pretty busy the past few weeks so I haunt had as much time as I'd like to work on these. The hulk 340 is only about half done with the coloring but I will post a pic of it when it's finished. Let me know what you think of em!

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_9028.jpg

IMG_6599.jpg

As usual, awesome work (worship)

The Hulk 340 looks so cool even half finished (thumbs u

As usual, awesome work (worship)

The Hulk 340 looks so cool even half finished (thumbs u

Thanks. I really like the way it's turning out also.

Really great stuff!! :applause:What size are they? I do a few myself, but not at your level!

Here's one of mine, sold it a while back. Mine are 15"x 22".

Tech69completed.jpg

That is awesome. I've always wanted to do that cover but have got no requests for it yet. I'll just have to do it in my free time. My pics are smaller than yours, the paper I use is 11"x14". I've been wanting to start doing bigger pictures.

Great Job Austin!! I especially like the Hulk 340! (worship)
(thumbs u

Thank you!

Thanks for the kind words.

I have others. Some I have sold, but still have pictures to remember them by :cry:

I use 2H drawing pencil, Prismacolor 05 black marker for the inking, Prismacolor markers for the coloring. 15"x 22" Cold Press Watercolor paper.

Here's another, my Avengers #1.

Avengers1coverreproduction.jpg

Excellent stuff as usual Austin!

And Philreal, awesome work as well. I'm really digging your lettering. Any tips?

I'm still getting to grips with mine.

Here is my latest cover, half coloured. I've found the right pens to use and have ordered more across the colour range.

MysteryInSpaceCover.jpg

:hi: Bane!

You've done some nice work as well!! (thumbs u

Lettering is the part I dislike the most....I use a ruler to insure my edges are straight, but it does get tedious. On the smaller word balloons I do it in pencil first until I'm satisfied, then over with ink.

I'm certainly no expert, but my advise would be to keep drawing. Only with practice will your style come out, and you will continue to feel more comfortable.

My problem is I pick at every flaw I see in my work. The main thing is that you enjoy doing it, and for me it's relaxing. Keep at it, you only have to please yourself. :applause:

Excellent stuff as usual Austin!

And Philreal, awesome work as well. I'm really digging your lettering. Any tips?

I'm still getting to grips with mine.

Here is my latest cover, half coloured. I've found the right pens to use and have ordered more across the colour range.

MysteryInSpaceCover.jpg

Great work bane! They look better with each one.

:hi: Bane!

You've done some nice work as well!! (thumbs u

Lettering is the part I dislike the most....I use a ruler to insure my edges are straight, but it does get tedious. On the smaller word balloons I do it in pencil first until I'm satisfied, then over with ink.

I'm certainly no expert, but my advise would be to keep drawing. Only with practice will your style come out, and you will continue to feel more comfortable.

My problem is I pick at every flaw I see in my work. The main thing is that you enjoy doing it, and for me it's relaxing. Keep at it, you only have to please yourself. :applause:

That's the truth! Keep drawing and drawing and drawing.

Just got finished with the black ink on this one. Enjoy and thanks for looking!

IMG_8597.jpg

That looks very cool as is,don't know if I would color that in. (thumbs u

I'm with Oak on that, some of these covers look really cool in B&W.