• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do YOU read the overstreets price system?

6 posts in this topic

A person just emailed me about one of my books and offered a certain dollar amout as they were under the impression that the price of a 9.0 in the overstreets was equal to a 9.0 cgc. Now I know they changed it from 9.4 last year to 9.2 this year. I know that most cgc 9.0 usually sell for guide or guide + 50% in most cases. How does the new grading system change things if at all? Any takers on this one? I know people in these forums have some knowledge on this so any help will help many people Im sure.

thanks thumbsup2.gif

All depends on the issue. If it's a non key fairly common book I can see guide for a 9.0. But even if it's a semi key I'd probably expect to pay a little over guide for a 9.0. More so if it's a Silver Age and especially if it's GA.

More so if it's a Silver Age and especially if it's GA.

No doubt about that call! A 9.0 GA is - well -a very desireable book. Much moreso than a SA, especially a post '65/'66 bbook when the hoarding habit really started to become popular.

I was going to add early SA but I'd still pay a little bit over guide if I wanted it. I'd pay a small amount over guide for a few bronze's in 9.0 before 1980. I have a feeling when I go looking for an ASM 15 in 9.0 I will be paying a nice little premium over the 9.0 guide value.

I was going to add early SA but I'd still pay a little bit over guide if I wanted it. I'd pay a small amount over guide for a few bronze's in 9.0 before 1980. I have a feeling when I go looking for an ASM 15 in 9.0 I will be paying a nice little premium over the 9.0 guide value.

Yes, the early SA books are probably gonna be somewhat OG. Would love to hear some "been there" tales from the '64/'66 period from those who DID accumulate multiple copies - and also hear of they went back a couple or so years to accumulate multiples of the early 60's books.

I had a person on ebay who thought that the tales of suspense 58 I am selling is only worth 355 because that is what the overstreets said it was in "9.0" . I tried to explain to them that 9.0 by cgc is worth at least 100% of the 9.2 overstreets price. I think the number system from cgc to overstreets is confusing alot of newer people getting into collecting. I told them to visit the forum to learn more about pricing and values to help them along.

thanks for the input guys! thumbsup2.gif