• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bad Experience with toysandmore03 - Sold Restored book and no Reply

2 posts in this topic

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I figured that the selling forum would be the appropriate place. I purchased a book from toysandmore03 on April the 8th. I paid him for the book, and when I received it, it was quite apparent that the book had amature restoration along the spine. When I questioned him about the restoration seeking a refund because he sold the book as VF with no mention of restoration, he sent me the following email:

Could you please send me a picture of where you think the color has been made. To my knowledge none of these books have has any restoration or color touch ups.

I sent over a high resolution scan where it was quite apparent that touch up had been performed. After I sent him the email I never heard from him again even though I sent follow up emails. I let waited two months before leaving the negative to see if he would eventually contact me. A week and a half before I posted negative feedback on Ebay, I sent him an email stating that I was going to be posting negative feedback for the auction, if I did not hear from him within a week. I gave him a few days after the week deadline to make sure that he wasn't out of town and missed my email. I left him the negative this morning, and I was just letting you guys know what happened to me in a transaction that I had with him. I am not saying that all transactions he conducts have a similar outcome, I am merely stating that one specific transaction I had with him was unpleasant.

Thanks,

Chip Sanders