• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

They seem stocked at 3 comic stores in my commute area. Should clear them out I guess.

i've been watching the regular cover. i am being cautious about buying too many copies. they're still selling for $5 on ebay, with the occasional $8 or $9 sale. it does seem to help tho if you have multiple copies for sale.

I got the regular cover from 3 different sources. All 3 have had a slight problem. The one from my lcs was not flat when laying flat (if that makes sense), one from ebay had a bum corner where the entire corner and all the pages were bent completely (though no color breaking), and another from midtown with the same problem as the latter yet a different corner.

Was there a bad shipment of these by chance? (shrug)

My books were all great (I'm on the East Coast), but Diamond has been delivering books in worse and worse condition to my LCS. It's actually starting to make me really angry b/c I pre-order these items and get stuck buying multiple copies when they are mangled (b/c my LCS owner won't complain or send them back) because perfect condition of books is not important to him like it is to me. For example, all of my LCS's copies of Mind the Gap 1 (a) had nasty spines, every copy of Debris 1 was mangled, every copy of Dark Knight 10 (w/ the bad Scarecrow Batman head/mouth morph) were busted up with spine creases and bends, etc. (some broke color, others did not and all of the books were in bad shape). I'm not sure what's been going on but it's been getting worse and worse each and every week for months.

I got the regular cover from 3 different sources. All 3 have had a slight problem. The one from my lcs was not flat when laying flat (if that makes sense), one from ebay had a bum corner where the entire corner and all the pages were bent completely (though no color breaking), and another from midtown with the same problem as the latter yet a different corner.

Was there a bad shipment of these by chance? (shrug)

My books were all great (I'm on the East Coast), but Diamond has been delivering books in worse and worse condition to my LCS. It's actually starting to make me really angry b/c I pre-order these items and get stuck buying multiple copies when they are mangled (b/c my LCS owner won't complain or send them back) because perfect condition of books is not important to him like it is to me. For example, all of my LCS's copies of Mind the Gap 1 (a) had nasty spines, every copy of Debris 1 was mangled, every copy of Dark Knight 10 (w/ the bad Scarecrow Batman head/mouth morph) were busted up with spine creases and bends, etc. (some broke color, others did not and all of the books were in bad shape). I'm not sure what's been going on but it's been getting worse and worse each and every week for months.

Don't buy them then. Would you buy a brand new car from a dealer if it had 1 bald tyre and a smashed back window?

They seem stocked at 3 comic stores in my commute area. Should clear them out I guess.

i've been watching the regular cover. i am being cautious about buying too many copies. they're still selling for $5 on ebay, with the occasional $8 or $9 sale. it does seem to help tho if you have multiple copies for sale.

i think it's a couple people dumping them for a $5 BIN, not sure why they're doing that. They'll run out eventually.

I've just put up a set of 1a, 1b (1:10 Thompson) FCBD and WD 99 for about $60 (Free shipping in the UK).

Was quite surprised at the volume of PM's it generated, mainly regarding the FCBD and 1:10 variant

Here's hoping the set sells :wishluck:

I'd agree with Hawkman that multiple copies are the way forward. 1A seem plentiful in high grade so selling a copy on it's own has a huge amount of Feebay competition.

Stick a set together and all of a sudden it becomes more appealing.

Got 30 on way to CGC as we speak.

As Branget says - 'if in,go all in".

I wonder what the market will be like in November.....

still waiting for 3 CBLDF's from SDCC, i'll send a few of each off for CGC when i get those in

Ebay may heat up a bit more now ...looks like they are drying up in the UK. Megacitycomics are limiting to 1 per customer so no point in putting in any more orders. Noticed that quite a lot of places didn't even stock it in the first place when originally looking for the best deals, don't know if that was the case in the US.

*sits back and waits for the late comers*

"What do you mean they have sold out???"

8CSZP.gif

Fast tracked? If not, November is probably a fast estimate considering how behind cgc is. :pullhair: I sent some Saga #1's in non-fast tracked beginning of July. I'm expecting those sometime in October I hope. :wishluck:

The new Image titles lately have been very quick to jump, then they fade, then seem to find a settling place. Saga is the only one that I've seen lately that's had a constant sustained increase in price since release and even that has moved around a bit. Mind the Gap is all over the place and is at a low point IMO due to the printing nonsense. Hopefully next week when that awesome variant cover comes out, some interest will peak again.

Who knows. Hopefully they hold value cause I also have 30+ issues :)

Edited by HugeRosen

Nothing that I could tell but I basically got them, packaged it, and sent it in for grading. I took a quick look at it for any corner damage or markings but nothing stood out. I'm also not an expert by any means in knowing exactly what to look for but 9.6 would've been the worst I was expecting. Maybe there was some damage during shipment but I sent in 12 books and 11 came back 9.8. (shrug)

Maybe they just entered it in the computer wrong. :wishluck: They do say that grades aren't finalized until they encapsulate the books so maybe I'll get a late bump.

Update: The other Third Eye variant I sent in got a 9.8 so it must've been something specific on the one issue. Still don't know what the issue was but I will get graders notes.

Nothing that I could tell but I basically got them, packaged it, and sent it in for grading. I took a quick look at it for any corner damage or markings but nothing stood out. I'm also not an expert by any means in knowing exactly what to look for but 9.6 would've been the worst I was expecting. Maybe there was some damage during shipment but I sent in 12 books and 11 came back 9.8. (shrug)

Maybe they just entered it in the computer wrong. :wishluck: They do say that grades aren't finalized until they encapsulate the books so maybe I'll get a late bump.

Update: The other Third Eye variant I sent in got a 9.8 so it must've been something specific on the one issue. Still don't know what the issue was but I will get graders notes.

Usually there aren't any graders notes available on Modern books that were graded 9.4 and above :shrug:

Usually there aren't any graders notes available on Modern books that were graded 9.4 and above :shrug:

I got notes on my #27 9.4 because I was upset with the grade as I expected a 9.6 as there was only one small tick on the back. 9.8's very rarely have notes and 9.6's seem to be 50/50 on notes. I tried to order notes on one book and they didn't have any even though they took my $5 so when I called CGC to get my $ back, that's what they told me. They said all 9.4's should have notes. I got a 9.6 on my #19 and was upset there were no notes because that was a 9.8 IMO. :pullhair:

Edited by HugeRosen