• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

1 north of me 'had' 1 left.....1 near me has 4 or 5 left, i didn't want to take them all but i figure if i go in there every day and buy 1 and they eventually dry up, i've given other people plenty of chances to buy some for themselves.

One LCS near me has a policy where they will only sell two copies of any given book the week it comes out, but after that first week you are free to clear the shelf if you so desired. Let's just say that they *had* 20 copies this morning.

no written policy at the one LCS that still has copies, but he always seems real hesitant when i bring up more than 1 copy to buy...even if it's been out a few weeks. Like i'm trying to cheat him or something.

got 4 in the mail today from a ebay retailer. This batch was significantly worse than last order. Also grabbed one at cover from LCS, it was the one the owner took home to read.

I got the regular cover from 3 different sources. All 3 have had a slight problem. The one from my lcs was not flat when laying flat (if that makes sense), one from ebay had a bum corner where the entire corner and all the pages were bent completely (though no color breaking), and another from midtown with the same problem as the latter yet a different corner.

Was there a bad shipment of these by chance? (shrug)

Edited by roastedbagel

I got the regular cover from 3 different sources. All 3 have had a slight problem. The one from my lcs was not flat when laying flat (if that makes sense), one from ebay had a bum corner where the entire corner and all the pages were bent completely (though no color breaking), and another from midtown with the same problem as the latter yet a different corner.

Was there a bad shipment of these by chance? (shrug)

that is how 6 of the 10 copies I got from midtown are. top left hand corner on the spine totally bent corner where all pages inside were bent as well (no color breaks either)

I decided to just keep them as they didn't respond to my e-mail for "what to do if things arrived damaged" and will just sell them as reader copies if there is an uptick in price ;x