• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

I don't know the name of the shop off the top of my head, but I live in Warr Acres Oklahoma which is just north west of Oklahoma City. The shop is located two blocks north of the 63rd and May intersection and about 2 blocks south of a Vintage Stock Store. The shop is on the east side of the street maybe someone else that's from my area will know the name of the shop. I can drive by there tomorrow to get the name of it.

Please out that store. Its one store I will never visit.

Its one thing to reprice the other 3 books left over, but the 2 you picked out. Ive never seen anything like that ever.

I agree with everyone. What is the stores name. I don't want to shop there.

I agree with everyone. What is the stores name. I don't want to shop there.

Power to the people.... LET'S SHUT DOWN THIS STORE. (or maybe I'll just go lay on the couch. hm

I want to call this store and see if they'll mail me the issues. What is the name of the store?

We need a name! GIVE US A NAME!

lol

Ok. I'll put it up tonight but I do charge a $5 auction watching fee. I'm still trying to collect from the 13 people watching my other auction. If you want to watch both, i'll do a discount for $8.

It's listed. If you plan on watching, please PM me and I will give you my paypal information to send payment. Thanks (thumbs u

I've got my pitchfork ready. Let's go after them!

I say we confirm the shop and then all get together for like 1 hour and just bombard them with phone calls asking about the copies of Revival

Edited by HugeRosen

Let's just be careful that we find out if this was the owner or just some random employee. No point in causing trouble to the entire shop based on the actions of one person. If it's an employee I would just contact the manager and complain.

I would have probably ended up getting the police called on me and bailing.

tempers and dealing with jerks is never a good combo!

its one thing if he approached you about it ", we were suppose to pull those and reprice them all last week. they were suppose to go up to $70 - would you mind just taking the one copy for $10?"

I mean I'd be a little bummed I wanted two copies, but fair enough they screwed up - I'm not there to try to bone them. I'd go about my business and be happy with the one

but to outright change the price in front of you and then tell you the new price without even so much as asking or telling you what is going on? screw that! - and the comment as you were leaving

Edited by riveraXVX

That happened to me at my old LCS when the death of Cap issue came out. The owner was charging $35 a copy. They were with the new issues as normal, no price sticker or anything. I asked him why he was charging so much for something that just came out that day. He said that its what they were selling for on eBay. I didn't go back to that store. I heard that he still has them for sale at the same price.

That's just plain bad business, or as my county counsin would say "you pick up on the merrow go round what you lose on the swing" On the other hand, I routinely pick back issues out of comic shops that have no price tag on them and freak out the person behind the register when I go to comic shops and have never argues that I was entitled to a book for cover price because it was mismarked. None of us would get in an argument with a department store about a mismarked item. What makes the OPs story disgusting was the manner in which the owner/employee treated the situation/mistake. If they hadn't been so arogant, I doubt that anyone would have been upset (including the OP although the OP I'm sure would have been disappointed). JMHO

My goodness, this series sure is getting a lot of talk here. I can't say that's the case at my LCS. I was attracted by the cover, bought the book, and liked the story a lot. I decided to take a flyer and bought four more copies when the LCS was having a 50% off sale. I left two copies on the shelf because I never like to grab them all. The copies are still there. I asked the owner how many copies he ordered in total: ten. So there's my five and the two still up there. Meaning three other people in the whole store have bought it. I've recommended it to several people and nobody's heard of it. I have a feeling I just wasted my money, but at $1.50 a pop, no biggie. And I really do like that cover.

This comic is getting alot of steam.. don't know when it started maybe comic con or word of mouth. Who knows.. but I think its gonna be awhile for this comic to die down.. It may even surpass thief of thieves and if something happens like a TV this will sky rocket.. :)..

Tim selley is just plain awesome.. :))) Nothing but good things....

so glad this picked up steam.. my alabaster wolves has not yet :(((