• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

That's funny.

FWIW, I intentionally waited to hear what it meant before reading Nico's post. I now skip over them if they just look like long-winded nonsense, and I didn't know if "TLDR" was an indication that it might somehow actually be worth my time, but...still didn't want to read it without getting confirmation first. ;-)

Certainly nice for the seller! That's definitely a very high result for a book that sells for $10 raw. Saga 1 has been selling for $15 - $20 raw lately, and that's a $90 book in 9.8

Well let's hope the price stays strong for at least another 2 days :grin:

When I was younger and had less cash to spend on comics (not that I have a ton of money to spend on them these days) and wanted to try and flip books to pay for my collection, I would buy three copies (two to sell and one to keep). That worked well for me but it was before the internet took off and I was selling to people I knew in my community. The margin is smaller on books for sellers now becauase there isn't much of an option to sell to your community so you have to add shipping, ebay and paypal costs and fees. Three may still be the right number for a smaller budget but it is definitely more difficult now than it was then. Picking the right books is obviously the key and I don't need to remind any one of that, but we don't get much discussion on the boards that helps people pick books to flip. I think a discussion of people's selling strategies and picks would be fun and helpful but there are not a lot of boardies willing to engage in such a discussion. I remember one post in reference to books people are ordering from Previews that was like "your not going to get my picks from me." To an extent I can understand that, but if that's the way you feel there's no need to tell everyone. The word "speculation" has such a bad wrap that you can't write it without upsetting someone. On a related note, I imagine that the print run for Revival is going to be a lot larger than many people in this thread think. I'm predicing that it will be almost as high as Saga.

TLDR version please?

Wow! I thought this was an excellent post. Sorry that reading isn't people's strong suit on these boards. I need to remember to keep my ideas in short colorful word balloons as to not loose my audience. hm

Edited by whetteon

When I was younger and had less cash to spend on comics (not that I have a ton of money to spend on them these days) and wanted to try and flip books to pay for my collection, I would buy three copies (two to sell and one to keep). That worked well for me but it was before the internet took off and I was selling to people I knew in my community. The margin is smaller on books for sellers now becauase there isn't much of an option to sell to your community so you have to add shipping, ebay and paypal costs and fees. Three may still be the right number for a smaller budget but it is definitely more difficult now than it was then. Picking the right books is obviously the key and I don't need to remind any one of that, but we don't get much discussion on the boards that helps people pick books to flip. I think a discussion of people's selling strategies and picks would be fun and helpful but there are not a lot of boardies willing to engage in such a discussion. I remember one post in reference to books people are ordering from Previews that was like "your not going to get my picks from me." To an extent I can understand that, but if that's the way you feel there's no need to tell everyone. The word "speculation" has such a bad wrap that you can't write it without upsetting someone. On a related note, I imagine that the print run for Revival is going to be a lot larger than many people in this thread think. I'm predicing that it will be almost as high as Saga.

TLDR version please?

Wow! I thought this was an excellent post. Sorry that reading isn't people's strong suit on these boards. I need to remember to keep my ideas in short colorful word balloons as to not loose my audience. hm

+1 - thought is was a good post as well.

TLDR version please?

+1 - thought is was a good post as well.

Don't mind Bagel, he has the attention span of a 12-year old girl :D

:baiting:

Sorry, I don't dislike Nico in the least, but his posts get VERY long-winded, and there's never any paragraph breaks, it literally hurts my eyes to read.

This is why I've become jaded to his posts, and usually hope there's a cliffnotes version.