• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

I just hope that holds - but looking at HR's upcoming covers,this shows no signs of slowing for the next 6 months anyway.

Now Honest question time please:

Who has copies at CGC and how many - as I am trying to decide when to market mine.

Print Run was 17,000 odd - yes? Be fascinating to see just how boardie driven this is....

I have 27 'A' covers and 3 1:10 variants CGC bound/returning = 30 total.

what are the grades? if they aren't 9.8, won't really matter when you "market" them

Ya think? lol

So $15 cgc copies soon. Nice.

Race ya..

We'll see some for sale but i don't think the prices will plummet quite that much, especially if it continues to gain interest. Still, would be best to try and gather up the 1:10 and cbldf rather than waste any more time on Cover A.

anyways, 2nd print is out today....curious to see if any of my LCS carry it....very doubtful.

Edited by krighton

We'll see some for sale but i don't think the prices will plummet quite that much, especially if it continues to gain interest. Still, would be best to try and gather up the 1:10 and cbldf rather than waste any more time on Cover A.

anyways, 2nd print is out today....curious to see if any of my LCS carry it....very doubtful.

Agreed. The next few covers alone have a lot a appeal to the genre. I think (best guess) it will continue to hold, and will probably rise in the next few months.

Do you copy this post and modify it slightly for each new #1 that comes out? lol

Ya think? lol

Race ya..

You win. I bought 1 copy and have yet to read it. With the speculation in this thread alone it is likely the only copy I'll ever own.

Ya think? lol

Race ya..

You win. I bought 1 copy and have yet to read it. With the speculation in this thread alone it is likely the only copy I'll ever own.

lol

As an aside to all the speccing, I would give my left nut for the is for cover #1. Wish I wasn't late to the party in reading this one because I would have bought it in a flat minute. So which one of you bastards has it? :frustrated:

Edited by Miso

As an aside to all the speccing, I would give my left nut for the is???? for cover #1. Wish I wasn't late to the party in reading this one because I would have bought it in a flat minute. So which one of you bastards has it? :frustrated:

You mean OA? Someone on the boards bought the graphite one. Whoever got the pencil version one didn't come forward on the boards yet. The other graphite ones for covers 2-5 got bought yesterday I believe from a boardie and the pencil version from #5 was also sold to the future 2013 CGC Boardie of the year ;)

Edited by HugeRosen

nothing Branget hates worse than a thread full of speculators muddying up the waters.

That's completely untrue. It is very entertaining. Even more entertaining is differentiating the speculation sharks from the fish.

I completely understand buying a comic for $3 and thinking if it hits great and if it doesn't I read a comic for $3 and liked it. What will dig a hole quick is spending $100+ on 30+ copies and holding them hoping it hits. How many titles can you really afford to do that with? How much of the temporary inflationary market is affect by the group here that does that?

Some of the people in this discussion are just here to pump the title and sell some copies, rinse and repeat. If that's your thing hey go for it but don't play all innocent. Be proud of what you do or stop doing it. Pretending to like a title to pump your sales seems a little deceitful to me. 2c

I really hope this is my longest post today.

i only 'pump' the books i like to read....if i have a 'feeling' that a book will do well then i try and spread some excitement about it....i really liked peter panzerfaust, one of the few, because i had a feeling it would end up doing well. I thought thief of thieves would do well and i enjoyed the story, wasn't a ton of love for that one when it first came out.

I can't get that 'feeling', or the desire to cheer lead for a comic that i think sucks. Maybe some people can, maybe they don't read the comics at all and just trade them around not knowing what's inside the covers.