• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

lol

If you believe that then I need to start a sales thread.

If you believe the best is yet to come for Revival then what's your example? What's the scenario where a 9.8 regular #1 sells for more than $130? :popcorn:

WTF? Why are the Third Eye issues on Ebay suddenly at $70+? Was there some tv show announcement overnight that I missed? (shrug)

I think the variants are starting to dry up. Just an opinion with no facts to back it up but my 2c

I still see plenty on eBay so I dunno. (shrug)

Would the fact that Third Eye is out of stock mean anything?

well the shilling is causing a temporary rise in other people's third eye auctions auctions....so i guess it's having a secondary effect.

an artificial effect. Everyone loses in the long run.

I'm going to fly in the face of reason and say the best is yet to come. Do I have proof? Nope, just got a feeling. I picked up walking dead and chew because I like the premise, characters and story. Not because of the buzz about them. Hell at the time I had no idea they were as big as they were And so far I have the same feeling about revival.

Could I be horribly wrong, sure. But my gut and taste in comics hasn't failed me yet. And really for me at the end of the day for me comics are for me to enjoy and collect. I'm not a flipper and 95% of what I buy goes into my collection to stay. Hell this is the first time I bought more than 2 copies of a comic. And I only have 5 so even if I wrong heck no biggie. Besides I have friends can give copies to because I want them to enjoy it to and have discussions with.

But that's some small guy's two cents. I'm in it for the long haul because I like the series, if it hits big then I might have a copy or two to sell as just gravy.

Edited by Miso

id also like to add .... im not sure what else you guys do as far as hobbies go, but at less then $3 a book, how much is there really to "loose" when picking up multiple copies of this (or any, really) book?

(thumbs u - As a hobbist who likes graded books as well, picking up multiples helps to find the best possible book for grading purposes. I have a few series that I by two books of (one for reading and one for potentially grading).

id also like to add .... im not sure what else you guys do as far as hobbies go, but at less then $3 a book, how much is there really to "loose" when picking up multiple copies of this (or any, really) book?

It's the glint in my seven year olds eye when I tell him, "No more hot dog water soup if my Revival comes back with a 9.8!" Dad of the Year!!!

only thing you'll really lose is your potential gains on your original investment. I normally like leaving money on the table initially and gambling on whether it will get really hot.

the safe bet is Branget's way, take the money now while it's there because it may not be there later. My way has more potential rewards but higher risk.

to each his own, what works for one won't work for another.

Edited by krighton

There's no absolute answer to the question of weather you should sell or hold. There are too many individual variables to make a broad statement.

I'm into my 25 midtown previews copies for like a buck fifty each.

I don't need to sell any of them to recoup my initial 'investment'. I spent more on dinner last night. Id rather hold them until the book is on issue 10. Maybe they're worth $35 each by then or maybe they're worth $1 each, but my downside is about a fifty cent a copy loss vs an upside of what, $600? Not worth my time to sell now.

Of course if this was 10 years ago and my financial situation was different I would have moved them for a quick profit 2 weeks ago.

Anyone see this weeks census?

Regular Cover CGC 9.8: 15 copies

Variant Cover CGC 9.8: 5 copies

Third Eye/Awesome CGC Cover 9.8: 14 copies, CGC 9.4: 1 copy

Sketch Cover CGC 9.8: 16 copies

Edited by John91C

Anyone see this weeks census?

Regular Cover CGC 9.8: 15 copies

Variant Cover CGC 9.8: 5 copies

Third Eye/Awesome CGC Cover 9.8: 14 copies, CGC 9.4: 1 copy

Sketch Cover CGC 9.8: 16 copies

Just saw it and thanks for the update on the boards!

everyone says Branget is the smartest man on the boards, so if he says sell, sell. If he says it won't get any hotter, then he knows what he's talking about. I read a thread that said to listen to everything he says, learn from him, so sell those copies now because it won't get much better.

(thumbs u

lol

Do it a few hundred times a year and see how it feels.