• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

It is a CGC message board. (shrug)

i realize that, but other message boards do not have the traffic of this place

taking into account that you are speaking of SLABBED Revival #1's, i could see the point of your "SELL NOW" stance.

however, when talking about raw copies, i think there is a lot less "risk" in holding at the moment

Sorry mate - high as in high quantities for me.

30 copies is a lot for me to speculate on.

As for revival - yes,my decision is to hold at this moment, not due to greed but the fact that 30 copies (and don't forget I haven't got them back yet) arrive on ebay along with anyone elses then the price drops.

Simple.

I would much rather wait for the initial 'dump and run' to dissipate and then see where the comic is at.

I don't think this is a short term comic and as such am prepared to wait.

As for comments - thats about pre-ordering at discount.

The comic is selling out. 2nd + 3rd runs will eventuate, so hopefully there is a long term future for this book.

Maybe because I'm also getting ready for work at the same time,that this is a jumbled post!

Jeff, you're facilitating ExPo, right?

What you talkin' bout Willis?

I know what I is talking about!

Time's a tickin' Captain. Whatcha need? (PM)

no one detected my subtle sarcasm in that smartest man post....

:boo:

Oh I did.

Trouble is with Branget - who I still respect - is that all this "info" is all to his own end.

I agree that if you buy 100 x every #1 you will be up the creek.

If you look,watch and wait with MODERNS you can:

1) Evaluate the writer and artist and how they are liked by the comic buyers

2) The estimated print run

but 3) most importantly - if YOU like it. If you think its a great book,chances are a lot of other peeps will too.

Sell all after #2 has been out 2 days - wtf would you?

I knew nothing about a TV show - I read the premis,liked it,bought up 30+ copies and slabbed them (however when that finishes god knows - Joey has them and CGC is wayyy slow atm).

Like someone said - I'm in $70 for raws.Total.

I chose to make the decision to CGC on the basis on the FEEDBACK of people who had READ the comic and loved it.

They tell their friends etc etc.

This book will be great until the story stops being great.

The best time to sell is when you detect the standard of the book dropping.

My only unrecoupable loss is Dancer (all 8 copies..lol).

My only high (for me 30+ purchases) are Saga,Peter Panzerfaust, The Walking Dead, Irredeemable Antman (at less than $1 each) and now Revival.

My only other spec is Bedlam - I have ordered 50 copies and I'm in for all of $75.

This thread has become a who-can-wee-higher-contest and its getting a bit tedious.

Krighton,HugeRosen,Me,Branget,Miso et al all have our own thoughts on the subject of Moderns and Branget has done brilliantly well on the back of 2 books. (worship)

Well done to you Jeff,but if revival is a 3rd, let others enjoy being right as well as you without the market manipulatory comments.

Oh well - back to the thread about a comic with 2 published issues and 1500 posts on it. (thumbs u

In fairness to branget and others such as krighton etc. They have been around a while and have seen (and heard) most of the speculation talk before. There have been many books that people swear black and blue that its going to make them a ton of cash and its the best book ever written etc.etc. I've only been here just over a year and I've seen it hundreds of times. It must become white noise after a while. No disrespect intended, just sayin....

Fair point - but I'm not arguing with anyone.(I'm now being slack at work!),just adding to a thread.

no-ones arguing here!

the revival craze has begun...

I did order 2 revival third eye variant.. Whats really upsetting is that they packed me comic with a really bad crease on upper right corner and the ad states comic will be NM/Mint.. Plus it was packed terribly inside a crappy envelope and 4-5 white comic book boards on each side which are really flimsy.

I'm glad at least one of my comics survived.

Well, at least everything worked out and I Would of had 2 but ohh well at least i have one really nice copy.

I guess, next time I'll just e-mail owner and make arrangements on shipping and be on top of things. he does have great products. I just make sure to double check next time.

Edited by Muaythai607