• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Because people have come off their Walking Dead #100 / SDCC "high" and finally read the other Image book that came out that day.

I reckon you are bang on with this.

Good 2nd issue... roll on issue 3!

#1 and #2 seem to be sold out now but there seems to still be the prospect of UK back order on #2 at least.

edit: oh and was the Tim Seeley AMA posted here already?

If it was here or elsewhere here are the TLDR Revival snippets for any that did not see it:

So what is Revival about? Mike Norton is great, too, so it is a book I will definitely have to check out.

Tim: "Mike Norton is great! The book is a rural crime noir with horror elements, about a Wisconsin town and how it's affected by the return of 23 people who were very recently quite dead. The story focuses on a cop and her family, as she deals with a city under the pressure of a quarantine, and the walking dead, most of whom who just want their old lives back. But not all."

Did you recruit Norton specifically because of his Wisconsin ties? The man has drawn a lot of Wisconsin comics....

Tim: "ha, nope. That's a coincidence. I'm from Wisconsin, but Mike is a Tennesseean who happens to constantly get stuck drawing snow. TIM"

---------------------------------------

Is REVIVAL going to be mostly based in the Wausau area? Are the resurrections only happening in that area, or more widespread?

Tim: "Yes. Though the event definitely affects the whole world, our story takes place almost entirely in the area. The resurrections occur in a roughly 30 mile circle around the Wausau area, an area that in now under strict quarantine."

Closer to Walking Dead or Crossed?

Tim: "REVIVAL isn't actually much like either. It's not a "survivalist" story like TWD or CROSSED. It's a rural crime story with supernatural elements. The dead in ours aren't zombies, per se."

End comment from Tim: REVIVAL ships tomorrow, JULY 11th. So, I'm back for comments, questions, and complaints after you've read it! Post SPOILER on any question that'll ruin the fun for late comers! TIM!

Edit2: and because I am an Englander http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wausau,_Wisconsin

Edited by Garf

a fables feel? really? :screwy:

(shrug)

And YOU awarded Branget forum tool of the year for 2011?

Hey,

Anthony and I are actually good forum friends. He meant no harm by that.

And yes. Fables..in a sense that it's original, natural, and nothing like it.

a fables feel? really? :screwy:

(shrug)

And YOU awarded Branget forum tool of the year for 2011?

Hey,

Anthony and I are actually good forum friends. He meant no harm by that.

And yes. Fables..in a sense that it's original, natural, and nothing like it.

:blush:

I thought he was taking a shot at you for no reason.

My name was mentioned so I feel the need to pop in...

Are you guys talking about these second prints?

571FA5FB-D1FB-4BA9-B326-E2818B882293-896-0000036D30FF79E5.jpg

:cloud9:

Hopefuly one is mine :wishluck:

Picked upi a #2 yesterday and I am going to read it tonight (thumbs u

For those in London, plenty of #1's and #2's in Orbital, if I was hoarding/flipping I could have spent a fotune. They even had a bunch of Epic Kill's #2 (i picked up a 2nd print) and WD's #99 or for cover price :applause:

How bizarre. My LCS sold out of Revival #2 before the close of business Wednesday... but there are still 2 copies of Revival #1 sitting right on the shelf. The owner ordered the same amount on both.

wish I my LSC had a copy of #1 or 2, haven't had any luck finding one at cover price. Looks like I'll have to get them on ebay or maybe get lucky and find someone one the boards with some extra copies.

How bizarre. My LCS sold out of Revival #2 before the close of business Wednesday... but there are still 2 copies of Revival #1 sitting right on the shelf. The owner ordered the same amount on both.

wish I my LSC had a copy of #1 or 2, haven't had any luck finding one at cover price. Looks like I'll have to get them on ebay or maybe get lucky and find someone one the boards with some extra copies.

Mycomicshop still has them for sale at cover price. That's where I ordered mine. My first time buying from them, though, so I can't really say much about their reliability.