• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

I'm glad we are back on topic guys.

I found these behind an old dumpster and was wondering if they are any good?

7850981998_b0d3db8e3c.jpg

Probably not. Sorry, man. But I can give you "a dolla' and some envelopes". ;)

18,000 print run, triple 9.9s from one presser....9.8s already stalling and falling on ebay. Only variants pushing up, no movie/tv rumors to give it legs. I think this one has danger written all over it.

18,000 print run, triple 9.9s from one presser....9.8s already stalling and falling on ebay. Only variants pushing up, no movie/tv rumors to give it legs. I think this one has danger written all over it.

First: Welcome to the Boards!

Second: You may very well be right, assuming that by 'danger,' you mean from a $$$/investment/whatever perspective.

Third: I honestly don't care how much the book sells for on the aftermarket. I just enjoy the story & art and hope the book has 'legs' in regard to telling a consistently good story in a timely fashion.

For the vast majority of books, the defect(s) that keep them at 9.8 can't be pressed out - it's ridiculous to assume that these are 9.9s due to pressing.

For the vast majority of books, the defect(s) that keep them at 9.8 can't be pressed out - it's ridiculous to assume that these are 9.9s due to pressing.

Then you've never seen Ryan's patented Magi-Press

Edited by grover96

Second: You may very well be right, assuming that by 'danger,' you mean from a $$$/investment/whatever perspective.

Third: I honestly don't care how much the book sells for on the aftermarket. I just enjoy the story & art and hope the book has 'legs' in regard to telling a consistently good story in a timely fashion.

The numbers look fairly fantastic on the bay completed listings. I am pleased honestly. Plus This book is now in my top 3 favorite books. So regardless of sale price I am happy.

I am fully aware of what can and cant be pressed out, and if you think they arent pressed, the owner is welcome to correct me. That wasnt really my point though, I was more commenting on the rarity of the book, regardless of grade.

I have 2 copies of 1st print, and 2 copies of CBLDF going out to be pressed and subbed. I'll be happy to post them here if they comic back better than 9.8. Dont assume post count on a certain forum dictates what someone knows, or has.

You look at threads like think tank and mind the gap, where people are trying to paint a rosie pictures that prices could still spike later. Books can and do launch hot, and then cool off.

For instance, my comment on 9.8s wasnt just random opinion, but ebay fact:

Aug 8th $132

19 bids

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Revival-1-CGC-9-8-NM-MT-First-Graded-Copy-SOLD-OUT-Image-Near-Mint-Mint-/221090966988

Aug 21st $81

15 bids

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Revival-1-CGC-9-8-HAND-IMAGE-SOLD-OUT-HOT-NEW-SERIES-/110937393655

I am fully aware of what can and cant be pressed out, and if you think they arent pressed, the owner is welcome to correct me. That wasnt really my point though, I was more commenting on the rarity of the book, regardless of grade.

I have 2 copies of 1st print, and 2 copies of CBLDF going out to be pressed and subbed. I'll be happy to post them here if they comic back better than 9.8. Dont assume post count on a certain forum dictates what someone knows, or has.

You look at threads like think tank and mind the gap, where people are trying to paint a rosie pictures that prices could still spike later. Books can and do launch hot, and then cool off.

For instance, my comment on 9.8s wasnt just random opinion, but ebay fact:

Aug 8th $132

19 bids

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Revival-1-CGC-9-8-NM-MT-First-Graded-Copy-SOLD-OUT-Image-Near-Mint-Mint-/221090966988

Aug 21st $81

15 bids

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Revival-1-CGC-9-8-HAND-IMAGE-SOLD-OUT-HOT-NEW-SERIES-/110937393655

thanks a ton Johnny Raincloud, Revival is doing fine.

First, thanks - my previous first post was wiped out when the thread was cut, but its probably better its gone. Though my CNBC analogy was epic and very true.

Second, yes I mean to people backing up the truck.

Third, kudos to that. I think it has a greater writer, and its a good story, and its on my pull list. But I am likely only going to hold one slabbed CBLDF long term. I dont like the fact that 1st prints raw have stalled, and 9.8s have fallen.

variants and multiple prints cant hold a book long term, if interest in the first print isnt strong, imo.

thanks a ton Johnny Raincloud, Revival is doing fine.

Reason, and Observation isnt bad. My books havent even been slabbed yet, so its not like i want it to go down.

Why is it, that anything but extreme optimism, and everything is always going to go up forever-ism gets people so bent out of shape?

Is it safe to assume that you're a shill, then?

Is it safe to assume that you're a shill, then?

is it safe to assume you are trying to get the thread cut again. Dont be mad, jsut move on

PS cover minus 20% for the 1st prints, $100 per/free shipping MileHigh for the SDCCs. smoochies. Neither has ever sold for less raw on fee-bay, and they are coming back at least 9.8s......

Edited by eisley

I'm guessing you are a glass is half-empty type of guy?

no, not at all. I posted the ebay links. There are two >$125, both over two weeks ago. Tons now closing out in the $80-$90 range.

The 1st prints had stalled hard at $10, but seem to be breaking through now on the 3rd print announcement. Doesnt mean i dont want my slabs back ASAP.

I'm guessing you are a glass is half-empty type of guy?

no, not at all. I posted the ebay links. There are two >$125, both over two weeks ago. Tons now closing out in the $80-$90 range.

The 1st prints had stalled hard at $10, but seem to be breaking through now on the 3rd print announcement. Doesnt mean i dont want my slabs back ASAP.

The first link you posted was my copy :grin:

Prices have obviously fallen but that's due to a barrage of supply. When mine sold, it was the only one on eBay. 2 days later, there were 10 copies on eBay. I think it's pretty good that it's holding on around the $80 mark. That's a $40-50 profit on each 9.8 submitted assuming you bought at cover.

Hey guys.

Thanks for the props on the books. I eyed these books hard before submitting and felt confident in 9.8, but was very pleased with the 9.9 grades.

And just to be clear, these were not pressed (and no magic was used either - I'm still saving the magic for Christmas).

Ryan

Hey guys.

Thanks for the props on the books. I eyed these books hard before submitting and felt confident in 9.8, but was very pleased with the 9.9 grades.

And just to be clear, these were not pressed (and no magic was used either - I'm still saving the magic for Christmas).

Ryan

well done