• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

>>Since the Phantom Revival Variants are going to cover issue #1 - #12 will #1 be treated as a "5th Print" as the book is 4 months old<<

IF such a thing did exist, What if they were ALREADY printed? Say for some BIG event or something?

Well, I know that the cover art for #4 - #12 of the variants for Larry are not available for purchase yet. I would venture to say that in this scenario perhaps current 1st prints of Revival #1 - #12 are going to be retrofitted with a new or additional cover.

If this is the case they would be 1st prints but how would CGC denote this on the label?

Also what grade would it receive?

Edited by umyeahwhatevers

>>Since the Phantom Revival Variants are going to cover issue #1 - #12 will #1 be treated as a "5th Print" as the book is 4 months old<<

IF such a thing did exist, What if they were ALREADY printed? Say for some BIG event or something?

oh, they exist! lol

i saw some of Jenny's covers at NYCC

i guess it'll have to be proved they were printed in June/July somehow.

Its sad, but I must finally give in and say I will grab those Revival Phantom variants. Ive finally found a title that makes me want to own them all. God I am a sad comic book collector. :( Ive resisted all these years.

Edited by Fastballspecial

oh, they exist! lol

i saw some of Jenny's covers at NYCC

i guess it'll have to be proved they were printed in June/July somehow.

Its sad, but I must finally give in and say I will grab those Revival Phantom variants. Ive finally found a title that makes me want to own them all. God I am a sad comic book collector. :( Ive resisted all these years.

No shame in it. if you enjoy something, go for it!

A couple questions Larry. Obviously you are a pretty well known guy in the comic world. I actually first heard about you reading some article written by one of your detractors, arguing that store variants dont hold value long term. With the Phantom variants, I think you actually have something better than say "micro" variants limited to one store.

I think this is especially true when they are on big time books, like Bedlam (great one to start with, and nice artwork) or Revival. While the print runs may be higher than "micro" variants, I think the appeal and "credibility" (if thats the right word) are much higher.

I understand that the goal is to support the artist, but do you think 12 consecutive variants might risk being too much? At what point (if there is one) does it become variant overload, where the total number of variants sold across all books is less than fewer more desirable variants sold in higher number.

I only think in terms of desirability and long term sustainability. For me personally, I would want variants of Revival #1, and Bedlam #1. But, to pick a random one, do I really want a variant of Revival #9? Unless its a character first, or death, it almost seems like it becomes like IDW/Boom, printing a million covers of the same book.

Just some thoughts.

Edited by CBT

I only think in terms of desirability and long term sustainability. For me personally, I would want variants of Revival #1, and Bedlam #1. But, to pick a random one, do I really want a variant of Revival #9? Unless its a character first, or death, it almost seems like it becomes like IDW/Boom, printing a million covers of the same book.

Just some thoughts.

Agree +1

I'd like to see variants only when a issue calls for it like the examples you stated.Or spread them out to one every ten or twenty issues, for me it would make the variant more desireable.When I'm ordering new,or looking for back issues to buy I dislike it when there is multiple variants, gets to be overkill and I loose interest quick.

Edited by Biohazard

I posted some cool sketches and remarks in the Modern Sales Forum (you don't have to buy, trust me, but I thought you guys might like to at the very least see some!)

Now to finally sit down and read #4!!!

JJ

I posted some cool sketches and remarks in the Modern Sales Forum (you don't have to buy, trust me, but I thought you guys might like to at the very least see some!)

JJ

great stuff!

now you can edit it after you read #4 ;)

JJ

Woops, didn't see this post over here - Mike pulled off some great sketches. I'm sure a collector will jump all over those.