• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,376 posts in this topic

Which one is you Ryan? lol

I'd like to think I'm Fallon, but I know in my heart that's not true.

I'm no Affleck.

If I was an SNL cast member, I think I could pull a Herasio Sanz (thumbs u

ya6KZPrEd6yl.jpg

Compare to my avatar.... right, right?

Which one is you Ryan? lol

I'd like to think I'm Fallon, but I know in my heart that's not true.

I'm no Affleck.

If I was an SNL cast member, I think I could pull a Herasio Sanz (thumbs u

ya6KZPrEd6yl.jpg

Compare to my avatar.... right, right?

Woah, he's a lot skinnier now.

I know that's at least 5 times more then she gets paid to do the covers...

Are you saying Jenny Frison gets paid $1500 (or so) per cover by Image (or the creators, whatever the deal may be)? Or that she sells her covers for $1500 each?

I'd be surprised by the former, as Marvel pays about $1000 per cover. I'd also be surprised by the latter, as very few new covers sell for $1500.

Whatever the case, sounds like Court can get at least 5 covers out of this deal. I'd take that "trade" in a heartbeat.

Her covers sell for $600 each. She also does a grey-tone version that sells for $250. Not sure what she gets paid initially. Assuming 500-1000 ???

doh!

Thanks for the info. So basically, a 10.0 is worth 12 covers. Wow.

Her covers sell for $600 each. She also does a grey-tone version that sells for $250. Not sure what she gets paid initially. Assuming 500-1000 ???

doh!

I'm sure we've all made purchases early on that we regret due to not understanding the market, pricing, hobby, etc. Some are just larger than others...

Thread lock in 3, 2, 1

But why? What rule does discussing a Revival sale in a Revival thread break?

I don't have a problem with it, but when opinions get heavy things can spiral and then you have six pages being deleted and a thread lock.

Thread lock in 3, 2, 1

all it takes is one vindictive person hammering away on a "report post" link, to bring a thread down.

Thread lock in 3, 2, 1

I don't have a problem with it, but when opinions get heavy things can spiral and then you have six pages being deleted and a thread lock.

Which was completely unnecessary. Similar discussions have happened regarding various sales across many titles.

The only thing I can think of here is the buyer and seller complained. That in itself is lol since they made such a public spectacle of the sale.

Thread lock in 3, 2, 1

all it takes is one vindictive person hammering away on a "report post" link, to bring a thread down.

I have to disagree it also takes someone getting the report post who just feels like deleting posts.

doh!

I'm sure we've all made purchases early on that we regret due to not understanding the market, pricing, hobby, etc. Some are just larger than others...

I wasn't around when the thread got locked yesterday. I don't know what happened or what was said. If it was because of a discussion about the 10.0, I've already congratulated the buyer, so hope it's all good.

Anyway...I certainly understand when logic and reason go out the window when it comes to the comics hobby. That can be especially evident when it comes to the OA side. So I'm not sparing anyone, or saying one is better than the other. We're all maniacs.

Having said that, I have my thoughts about the market. This isn't about this 10.0 specifically, but really a look at ultra-high grade slabs.

I don't know the REVIVAL market or the values well. But I suspect this would be true of any of the recent hot books.

Going by eBay, a REVIVAL #1 9.8 goes for around $80. Based on what Hulk44 says he paid for his four 9.9s, one of those goes for about $800, or roughly 10X the price of a 9.8. In turn, the 10.0 is (roughly) 10X the price of a 9.9. A 10.0, then, is 100X the price of a 9.8.

Even if we don't allow for the subjectivity of the grades, what is the exact difference between a 10.9, a 9.9, and a 9.8? If there truly is a difference between a 10.0 and a 9.9, we're talking about a microscopic defect. Same with a 9.9 and a 9.8. Between a 10.0 and a 9.8, two microscopic defects.

Is one less tiny defect worth paying 10X? Are two less worth paying 100X?

(And no comic is protected from any future defects by being in a slab. Hence, SCS.)

Again, not picking on this 10.0 specifically. We've seen this before, most notably the $12.5K paid for a NEW MUTANTS #98 9.9. Obviously, I'm biased. But I believe the motivations between an OA collector and an ultra-high grade collector are similar: To have something "rare" and "one-of-a-kind". I'm not saying either are "good buys", but I do believe one is a better "value". As it stands, one could buy a 9.8 and 12 OA covers for the price of a 10.0. Or a 9.9 and 11 covers. There may be more 10.0s (there are already several 9.9s), so "one-of-a-kind" for this copy may not last forever. The covers, though, will always be one-of-a-kind.

Usual disclaimer: To each their own, my opinion only, etc.

I have to disagree it also takes someone getting the report post who just feels like deleting posts.

true enough, and i think your other hypothesis is probably right as well. But, also, dont underestimate one person hammering away at a mod. Sometimes they moderate just so people will leave them alone lol

not on this board, but i have definitely used volume "notify"ing to get a response. Usually you get the moderation you want, and a warning/mini vaca yourself too :roflmao: