• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Read preview, thought it was very interesting. Bought 1 copy...read it...loved it... bought 30 more copies...bought OA cover from Jenny...Now want more OA
almost my story...

time to clarify...

read preview, liked it...bought the OA...bought 1 copy of #1 a week later, loved it...bought 30 more copies...bought more OA

Edited by umyeahwhatevers

I have Revival, added it to my pull list when I saw it in previews. I haven't read any of them yet, I am actually 2 years behind on my reading.

My question is "Why did you buy Revival?".

I bought it solely based on Tim Seeley, I am a long time fan of Hack/Slash from the DDP days so anytime I see Tim Seeley invovled in comics I'm on it.

How about everyone else?

Chris, What are you doing in modern???

At least you picked a decent thread. Like previous responses, I saw Revival first on Previews and was instantly hooked on the premise. Issue 1 blew me away. The regular cover to #1 really made me want to buy it (Still one of my favourite modern covers). It took a couple of issues for me to get completely hooked. I like the pacing of the writing. Slow and purposeful. It also helps that the art is great.

I have Revival, added it to my pull list when I saw it in previews. I haven't read any of them yet, I am actually 2 years behind on my reading.

I bought it solely based on Tim Seeley, I am a long time fan of Hack/Slash from the DDP days so anytime I see Tim Seeley invovled in comics I'm on it.

How about everyone else?

lol

I read it because people raved about it.

Wish I hadn't bothered.

How about everyone else?

lol

I read it because people raved about it.

Wish I hadn't bothered.

i hear you. same thing happened to me with Batman

I bought it, loved it... Bought more. The covers blew me away and the story drew me in.

One of my favorite moderns by far...

Though I don't like the Phantom run like I thought I did. 1 is fine... The other art just went bland and static.

So, I heard that the cover for #12 is going to be done by skottie young.

Hahahahaha that would be terrible and great... If only the regular was the Phantom but you had to hunt for the reg copies... Wait, you don't have to hunt for the Phantoms, they're everywhere.

I started reading the series because people were murmuring that it was going to be a good book because of Tim. I went to my LCS, saw they had a copy and bought one. I was hooked and had to find all the other covers for whatever reason. lol. Still have a good CGC #1 set that I should take a picture of sometime. It's nice and shiny. :cloud9:

That has to be one of the Australian Boardies, right?

no one outside the boards knows about the big sale, it was private so wont be in any aggregating system (gpa, etc)

And there's no way anyone outside the boards would be aware of the 10.0 sale.

Meet my friend. The big Goo

http://www.google.ca/search?q=revival+cgc+10.0&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&redir_esc=&ei=e8VJUY_PM6mfyQGfpIDoCg

For sure, thats where most of the new people come from. I doubt that someone google'd for a 10 and brought themselves up to speed, and then put that in the auction though. Given the time frame since its occurred as well. Possible I suppose, but either way the info still had to come from here.

Edited by CBT