• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

its scary to see all these new yorkers posting in the modern section. looks like my days of shopping at the midtown store are over. with them "limiting" people and CGCers cleaning them out, not worth the time lol
Yesterday was seriously the first time I've ever seen people doing the same thing as me - back in the day people would stare, now they're joining in the fun lol

its scary to see all these new yorkers posting in the modern section. looks like my days of shopping at the midtown store are over. with them "limiting" people and CGCers cleaning them out, not worth the time lol
Yesterday was seriously the first time I've ever seen people doing the same thing as me - back in the day people would stare, now they're joining in the fun lol

lol

since ive only been collecting for almost a year, i never thought id truly believe it when i said 2012 was much better then 2013 to be a collector

I have a couple of awesome LCS who at first were adverse adverse to my speculator ways. After frequenting both shops for the last year and letting them know as much in advance that I want multiples of certain books they have become really cool with me. What has really helped I think is letting them know up front that I am speculating while also letting them know that I read EVERYTHING I speculate on.

Now they will let me take multiples even if I forgot to order additional/"missed the boat" type situations. It is all about being cool with your shop owners and having conversations with them. Always remember that the shop owners are fans of comics as well and they will let there guard down if you take the time to be kind and talk with them about what you are doing.

Congrats to you both!

Has there been an explanation as to why she does two separate pieces? They look fine on their own. If there's a digital polish, don't see the need for the more finished second piece over blueline...

Congrats to you both!

Has there been an explanation as to why she does two separate pieces? They look fine on their own. If there's a digital polish, don't see the need for the more finished second piece over blueline...

I was actually wondering this myself...

I know I bought the original pencils to the cover, but it would be cool to own both.

Congrats to you both!

I know I bought the original pencils to the cover, but it would be cool to own both.

Explanation from Paolo who is Jenny's rep:

"Jenny does a penciled version (which we consider the primary original). She then prints the pencils on another version and tones the blue lines with graphite color pencils. It is a split process because she likes the way each of the paper holds each of the pencils."

The pencil is really the 'original' but if you look at the whole process, there are subtle differences from the original to the graphite to the cover.

And yes, it would be cool to own both, in a frame, with the printed comic... :baiting:

Edited by HugeRosen

Congrats to you both!

I think ideally, it'd be nice to have both. Separately, the pencil piece has more value as the "true" original...but the blueline looks more finished. It'd be too hard to choose!

Still can't get over that a single copy of the comic is worth more than all the OA covers so far (sorry!).

Congrats to you both!

I think ideally, it'd be nice to have both. Separately, the pencil piece has more value as the "true" original...but the blueline looks more finished. It'd be too hard to choose!

Still can't get over that a single copy of the comic is worth more than all the OA covers so far (sorry!).

I agree that the pencils are more 'original' and long-term, I think they'll be more desirable.

On the other hand, I like the look of the blueline and, as a more casual Revival fan, the $250 price tag is attractive. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Congrats, Ash!

Congrats to you both!

I agree that the pencils are more 'original' and long-term, I think they'll be more desirable.

On the other hand, I like the look of the blueline and, as a more casual Revival fan, the $250 price tag is attractive. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Congrats, Ash!

Absolutely. For re-sale value, I'd assume the pencil 'original' may be more valuable but they are both original in their own way. The blueline has details that the pencil doesn't that shows up in the final printed comic so it is unique in it's own way. I have only seen the pencil version up close of the one I bought and it's gorgeous. Looking at it online side by side with the blueline makes it look less desirable but I guarantee to anyone who gets the pencil versions, you won't be disappointed.

That being said, don't buy any of them until I make my next choice on which one I want. :sumo:

Edited by HugeRosen

Felix (or other OA collectors) - would you consider the tonals as recreations? It doesn't sound like they are studies/prelims and aren't used in publishing. But conversely, they are done prior to publication.

(shrug)

They do look great, tho, and congrats to the owners. I'd love to have one myself.