• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

I have Revival #1 - 8 all first prints in NM condition (not CGC though). Should I try to get rid of them now or hold on to them? It looks like the prices have been dropping. Are they not getting a tv show anymore? NBC not work out?
:facepalm:

I'm sorry, but I just haven't seen any news about it. I've heard about the ABC copycat, but I have not seen any news links about the NBC project going defunct. I have only heard about it from other people, never seen it confirmed.

Just trying to get everything lined up.

1-8 raw is about $80 worth of comic books. I wouldn't be too eager to sell them, TV show or not.

Either way, you won't be getting rich off Revival. If you enjoy the story, keep them in your collection. If not, sell 'em.

I have Revival #1 - 8 all first prints in NM condition (not CGC though). Should I try to get rid of them now or hold on to them? It looks like the prices have been dropping. Are they not getting a tv show anymore? NBC not work out?

I'm sorry, but I just haven't seen any news about it. I've heard about the ABC copycat, but I have not seen any news links about the NBC project going defunct. I have only heard about it from other people, never seen it confirmed.

1-8 raw is about $80 worth of comic books. I wouldn't be too eager to sell them, TV show or not.

Either way, you won't be getting rich off Revival. If you enjoy the story, keep them in your collection. If not, sell 'em.

I think he should just wait for Hulk44 to come along and scoop them up for thousands of dollars hm

Too funny

Edited by Sleepindeath

the "NBC project" was never more than a "potential" optioning, where "optioning" is very far from getting actually made. LatinoReview posted the rumor, and a creator retweeted it tagged with "interesting".

ABC optioned a rip-off based on a yet unreleased novel (after having turned down revival), aka dirty poker. Again creators commented on it, and during their discussion mention it "destroying" the tv prospects of revival. Whatever movement had started, is gone. The NBC project that might someday have been, is now as far as is known, not going to be.

Some will talk about future "possibilities", but given the bazillions of high quality comics out, and coming out, it is very unlikely that a show, almost optioned/optioned and then bailed on, ever makes it back. Once its been pitched and passed, its passed.

-----------------

if you just sign up and make your first post not even a hello, but just pumping other people for info and to do work for you, dont be surprised with the reception you get.

I posted this mostly to update the million other lurkers, and to see other opinions/disputes of my points.

Edited by CBT

I've been browsing forums for years so I'm not really surprised at the reaction. That being said, I did do my best to research it and just couldn't find any solid news links on anything about Revival and what happened to the TV project. All I did find were articles talking about the initial rumors. Thank you for the info though.

Edited by Funcoot

I got my #1 before I ever heard anything about the tv project. It was sitting on the shelf for a good 2 months at my lcs. It was good up until #5 and I just never bothered to drop it from my pull list. Interested in selling it and just wanted to make sure whether or not the TV project went anywhere.

I've been browsing forums for years so I'm not really surprised at the reaction. That being said, I did do my best to research it and just couldn't find any solid news links on anything about Revival and what happened to the TV project. All I did find were articles talking about the initial rumors. Thank you for the info though.

you're welcome, the action was mostly on twitter which is why you wouldnt find much.

http://latino-review.com/2012/11/01/exclusive-senor-fenix-futures-locke-key-powers-revivial-jj-abrams-guillermo-del-toro/

is the source of any and all NBC claims, norton(i think) retweeted it with "this is interesting".

as for the blow up, find out the date of ABC's "the returned", then go to norton's twitter on that date and read all the conversations he has with other people. The info is buried in there.

+1 to everybody. I love Fatale and refer to it as my favourite non-Big 2 modern. But, I genuinely think Revival is the "best" of the Image comics from an unbias'd perspective on quality.

Art, pacing, story, "page-turning" -- ie desire to read what comes next, overall tone/feeling of the book.

5 stars all the way across.

Saga gets all the praise and I think a lot of that is because its envelope pushing, but revival is a rock-solid beast. I'd take revival over saga every time if i had to pick.

Edited by CBT