• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Every time I see your Avatar Chris.....

:roflmao:

Let's cure GVH!!! (thumbs u

Have you seen the new series yet?

"I just blue myself for the first time in five years!" :roflmao:

The best line is daddy needs a little girl to get his rocks off..Thats classic

It seems to be going through a bit of a.....

the new story line is better....

Dunno quite whats happening with this book on the secondary market either.

Its still got most of its good points going for it, and as a previous noted, its readership is growing - but:

I was hitting these out for $135 3 months ago ago (blue 9.8 #1), and the 1:10 variant, I sold a couple on here for $150ea.

Now according to GPA, the last sale was only $47 and a blue 9.8 #1 hasn't broken $100 since April 9th.

Indeed since then only 3 recorded sales have reached $80 with most selling in the $50 - $60 range.

I know its Con season but we are on what, issue #10?

Why the mass drop?

The virus variant is actually selling for the same price, when its usually a lot,lot lower by now.

Any thoughts?

Readership is up.... (shrug)

I have followed Revival's second hand market closely the last two months.

Your analysis is spot on.

The #1 sketch variant is now going for about $210 and $300 for 9.8 blue and ss respectively.

How much was the sketch variant going for months ago?

Sketch topped out around $350 for a blue. The 1:10 is going too cheap IMO. The phantom variants of course didn't help the values either. I think the large supply of 9.9's of #1 (and other issues) have hurt the value of the 9.8's the most.

The demand is still there though. Last 9.8 I listed on eBay was for $84.99 OBO I think? I remember getting about 20+ offers. Some nonsense, some decent. Believe I settled on $70 or $75, can't remember.

Edited by HugeRosen

Sketch topped out around $350 for a blue. The 1:10 is going too cheap IMO. The phantom variants of course didn't help the values either. I think the large supply of 9.9's of #1 (and other issues) have hurt the value of the 9.8's the most.

The demand is still there though. Last 9.8 I listed on eBay was for $84.99 OBO I think? I remember getting about 20+ offers. Some nonsense, some decent. Believe I settled on $70 or $75, can't remember.

I value the sketch much mote than the 1:10 variant. The sketch costs about twice as much.

There are 500 sketches and roughly 1,500 1:10 variants (warning: my calculation).

The revival #1 blue 9.8 BITs are $75. Auctions have been going for around $55. The last one went for $40 (unsold, didn't meet reserve, ebay item #200931535671).

Revival has been on my pull list since issue 1 but I've never read a single issue. Just been keeping them as a run just in case a TV show were to come along.

Decided to read the last issue. lol. Can't believe I've not been reading this as its been going along.

I just wish it was in black and white like TWD.

i think it hurts the sketch, third eye, and the 1:10 that Jenny did not draw them

independent of those issues, why have a reserve AND a buy it now price lol. If you are putting a top on your auction, might as well just start it off at your reserve price...

Anyone interested in original art should watch this item:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=171052749799

At first I was confused. There is no revival blank variant at the moment. The current owner created his own board which emulates Marvel's blank variants.

Is it an actual #1 with a backing board stapled to it or only a backing board sketched on?? (shrug)

Demand for Revival #1 < Supply. I can find any variant of any type at any time. There's no sense of urgency especially if the prices are continually slumping on the back issue market.

My first thought is that there's a glut of books being sold by people who bought the title and want to flip it for pure profit. We need to weed those sellers out and get those Revival #1's into the hands of the fan base that is apparently growing and let the supply dry out for awhile.

Just my two cents.

I too hate reserve auctions.

I reserve the right to have reservations on reserve auctions. :sumo:

(tsk) Don't try to steal my comedic material! :D

Just borrowing it. :baiting: (thumbs u

I don't have "good" jokes often! :grin: I mean, look at the crickets that followed after my Zorse gif!

:foryou: