• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Has there been any news about the tv show since the article in november of 2012 about NBC picking it up?

Seriously? If so, yes.

I really hope 'the Returned' doesn't bring further aggrevation and frustration for Revival fans.

I pray that rip off novel doesn't hit the best sellers list.

I watched the first episode of The Returned earlier this week and thought it was bloody good.

The Returned (Ressurected or whatever) worries me. If NBC Universal are picking up Revival, they're likely way behind ABC. The Returned have Brad Pitt's production team, they've already identified a cast and it seems as though they have a pilot.

Even if Revival airs (my guess is on Syfy), it'll seem like Revival are the copy cats when we all know the opposite may be true.

The Returned which I'm talking about is the French language (with subtitles) show playing on Channel 4 in the UK at the moment - Les Revenants. It's very good - people coming back from the dead in a completely normal state with no memory of having died and not realising how much time has elapsed. Sounds like you mean a US version of the same?

All hail the Revival King!!! (worship)

Now THAT is how you have a top Registry set!

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=68302

Congrats Gazzy!! :applause:

:gossip: Incoming Revival sales thread in T-minus 3...2...1 lol

what a waste for all that second, third, fourth , image first edition. shame on people doing that to win.

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=68302

what a waste for all that second, third, fourth , image first edition. shame on people doing that to win.

Shame on people? (shrug) Who says some of us didn't buy the second, third and fourth editions because we liked having all of the editions/variants? :makepoint:

:gossip: The #1 Second Print is my favorite cover!

???

I'm confused. The whole point of the census is to have every issue slabbed. (shrug)

(shrug)

What are you trying to say?

The Registry is a checklist of all the available slabbed comics in a set. Why is it shameful to own all the books in a set? I'm very proud to have supported Revival enough to own every book, but 3 (not in the registry set yet), released.

I might also add that I have every Uncanny X-men book from issue 300 to End including all but a few variants and reprints (I did have from 1 - end before I sold them a few years back). I've always liked thed variant chase.

Has there been any news about the tv show since the article in november of 2012 about NBC picking it up?

Seriously? If so, yes.

I really hope 'the Returned' doesn't bring further aggrevation and frustration for Revival fans.

I pray that rip off novel doesn't hit the best sellers list.

I watched the first episode of The Returned earlier this week and thought it was bloody good.

The Returned (Ressurected or whatever) worries me. If NBC Universal are picking up Revival, they're likely way behind ABC. The Returned have Brad Pitt's production team, they've already identified a cast and it seems as though they have a pilot.

Even if Revival airs (my guess is on Syfy), it'll seem like Revival are the copy cats when we all know the opposite may be true.

The Returned which I'm talking about is the French language (with subtitles) show playing on Channel 4 in the UK at the moment - Les Revenants. It's very good - people coming back from the dead in a completely normal state with no memory of having died and not realising how much time has elapsed. Sounds like you mean a US version of the same?

Here's a trailer to the Ressurection that the link above is referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqFZo5rPkjo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

(shrug)

The Registry is a checklist of all the available slabbed comics in a set. Why is it shameful to own all the books in a set? I'm very proud to have supported Revival enough to own every book, but 3 (not in the registry set yet), released.

I might also add that I have every Uncanny X-men book from issue 300 to End including all but a few variants and reprints (I did have from 1 - end before I sold them a few years back). I've always liked thed variant chase.

You should be proud to. That's an awesome achievement! (thumbs u

Not sure if anyone has seen this or posted but it looks like there is a french Revival book published by Delacourt and they put this short trailer together for the book release. You can watch the 45 second trailer here (thumbs u

Revival Goes French

It's a great book, I have it and I would love for Image to release a similar Hard cover in English.

(shrug)

You should be proud to. That's an awesome achievement! (thumbs u

Thanks mate (thumbs u

(shrug)

spending money on non sense reprint is waste that is what I'm saying, at least you got a different looking cover. look at Saga, EOW reprints are shame to be exist. Image reprint is just a way they try to suck more money out hard core fan. even they claim that is for increase the new readership. they give no respect to you. I'm sure they are glad you brought every cover that exist.

if you like to slab image first books, might as well pull your dollars out and burn them.

"I've always liked thed variant chase." <<< a nicely done variant always add value to your collection. 2nd ----- 100th reprints (tsk)

What I collect is awesome and what you collect is . Thats what your comments boil down to...

I personally thought your comments, regards shame etc were very rude... I can collect and spend my money on whatever I like thank you. Offering an opinion is fine but judging the collecting habits of others, in a rude way, isn't.

Edited by gaz2810i

What I collect is awesome and what you collect is . Thats what your comments boil down to...

I personally thought your comments, regards shame etc were very rude... I can collect and spend my money on whatever I like thank you. Offering an opinion is fine but judging the collecting habits of others, in a rude way, isn't.

:golfclap:

:golfclap:

+1 the registry is not for everyone, but this is what makes the difference in most modern registry sets. Those reprints are not always easy to find, especially in 9.8. Don't in a guys cornflakes after he has a nice accomplishment, that makes you seem like an individual_without_enough_empathy.

trash someone else's collection... stay classy San Diego. At least it makes sense, to tell someone in the Revival thread that its a waste to have a complete Revival set.

I think reprints are stupid, and I hate that company's do them. But if you think its a waste to have a complete collection, you are kind of missing the whole point a of a registry set....

Registry sets are for COLLECTOR'S who want to COLLECT something. If you are going to do a registry set seriously, imo, its a waste to have anything BUT a complete set (obviously the majority of people will be working towards it, and not there yet). Why have a registry set if you aren't going to try and complete it....

Edited by CBT