• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Again Crow Caliber 1-4

14 posts in this topic

As I try to do every month or so....

Looking to buy CGC or RAW high grade Crow Caliber issues 1-4. I just won a Raw #2 that looks nice I hope a 9.6, but will take ANY that you have. I can trade or buy or whatever. This has really become a pain. Thanks again guys.

I have a raw caliber presents #1 in near mint which is on its way to cgc. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif If you want to check in with me in about a month and 1/2 or so... Pm me for an update. I sold a 9.4 on #1(crow 1)1st print some time ago, and the # 2 and 3 were sold ungraded and in near mint as well. Wish I still had them myself. confused-smiley-013.gif

I had one of each of these, all first prints that I sent in to CGC years ago. I could have sworn they were all 9.8s as they were flawless. But as they all have black covers, they are exremely tough to get in ultra high grade. Mine came back as one 9.6 and the rest 9.4s. Sold 'em years ago. Good luck. -----Sid

yep.. they sure were tough.. i sent a set in and they all came back undergraded (in my honest opinion). i can post some scans. here is #1... i figured it for a 9.0 and it came back as an 8.0 because of some dents? on the back that you could not see unless you held it at just the right angle..

516703-0119160007.jpg

516703-0119160007.jpg.7653bdb01d57847c5984546b43387ea8.jpg

here is #2 i figured the rest for 9.2 to 9.4 grades... they all came back as 9.0.... i even think the #3 had 9.6 potential... and of all the books i have had graded... i think they were the toughest on these ones...

516704-0119160008.jpg

516704-0119160008.jpg.671d45fdcd8a60d37fed43ffca24b1e8.jpg

and just to round out the set...

this one i had a hard time figuring out a grade on... i thought it would be a 9.0 because of two spine nicks.. slightly blunted BLC and some strange ink fading on the back in two small sections... kind of like the effect that fingerprints have on black ink but it wasnt due to fingers at all.... hard to explain. but i was ok with an 8.5 as i have another at home with is a 9.0 and signed by obarr and vigil.... just wanted to get this one cased up to hopefully stop the weird ink thing and also to complete the set...

516710-0119160006.jpg

516710-0119160006.jpg.b36335347869a779ac42678b2bd08916.jpg

too hard to find in high grades. They looked nice from the scans. These books were kinda put together like camels anyway. Some books are just perfect for grading and others are insanely hard. At least you have a complete 9.0 run. Most people can't even find that. thumbsup2.gif

Nice books. I think I would label these as "cult favorites". O'Barr can be seen at many cons and he usually shows up in San Diego. Doesn't get much attention so he can be talked to pretty easily. The Crow, especially the Brandon Lee likeness seems to generate alot of interest among up and coming artists as I always see several high quality paintings at the big cons.

Don't forget guys, to have a real complete collection you need to add in The Crow #3 published by Tundra which has new material in it continued (I believe) from the original 4-issue mini-series. Anybody like those Kitchen Sink Crow books? Pretty lame by comparison to the originals.----Sid

I have tried and tried to get these. These really are my Holy Grail. I olny have a #2 CGC 9.4. I just bought a #2 that might get a 9.6 I have to sub it next week. I am still waiting for 25 to come back???? If any of you guys still have any of these books, let me know PLEASE. Also, if you have any RAW that look GREAT please let me know. I think that a lot of these are stuck with Goth/movie fans that bought them during the movie time. These really seem like the ones I will never get. Anyway, thanks again you guys.

Jason 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif