• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicWiz Auctions Runeth Over :: Part VI

11 posts in this topic

Its been some time since I last made additions to my auctions; still over 250+ Golden, Silver and Bronze Age books to choose from -- something for everyone! Here are the latest additions:

dwell2.jpg" width="201" height="297" border="1 roam1.jpg" width="201" height="299" border="1 roam3.jpg" width="201" height="296" border="1 roam5.jpg" width="201" height="296" border="1
Where Monsters Dwell 2 NM- 9.2
Where Creatures Roam 1 VF/NM 9.0
WhereCreatures Roam NM- 9.2
Where Creatures Roam 5 VF/NM

ff58.jpg" width="201" height="290" border="1 ff66.jpg" width="201" height="290" border="1 hulk122.jpg" width="201" height="290" border="1 st113.jpg" width="201" height="290" border="1
Fantastic Four 58! F/VF
Fantastic Four 66! VF-
Incredible Hulk 122! (British Edition) VF-
Strange Tales 113! F-

Buy it Now for $26.99

st118.jpg" width="201" height="301" border="1 st123.jpg" width="201" height="299" border="1 tos56.jpg" width="201" height="299" border="1 tos59.jpg" width="201" height="300" border="1
Strange Tales 118! F-
Strange Tales 123! FN-
Tales of Suspense 56! F+ 1st Unicorn
Tales of Suspense 59! VF 1st SA solo Cap

Buy it Now for $25

tos55.jpg" width="201" height="296" border="1 x-men121.jpg" width="201" height="296" border="1 x-men116_sm.jpg" alt="Buy it Now for $45" width="189" height="296" border="1 x-men60_sm.jpg" width="189" height="296" border="1
Tales of Suspense 55! FN Mandarin App!

Uncanny X-Men 121! 1st Full Alpha Flight
X-Men 116 VF/NM
X-Men 60 F+

Buy it Now for $26.99

Thanks deathlok thumbsup2.gif

Although I must say that the formatting on these boards is really, really rigid, and takes way too long to rework html code to look the way you'd like, and still fetch undesirable results... anyhow, sorry about the duplication fellers, it looks like the books ran-off twice ooo.gif

The way you list your books with those pics is just AWESOME. thumbsup2.gif I think you showed me how to list this way, but I can't remember. This is just so much better than just a link. I will be listing some books this weekend and all I will be able to provide is just a link.

How does he get them to center?

The HTML (sub { for <) {center}{/center} works on my eBay auctions but when I list them here for a pre eBay sale the thumbnails won't center properly.

confused.gif

I saw the code.

Looks way too complicated for a HTML simpleton like me...

Actually Aces, the code isn't even the hard part. The problem is getting the HTML to display the way it would on a standard internet browser, on these message boards. The boards are capable of displaying HTML code, but it has to be extremely basic, and the board has its own idiosyncracies in the way it handles the -script. No glitzy stuff allowed -- AT ALL! The only exception is with Flash, but you have to embed all the scripting within the Flash file to pull it off.

Its really more a security safeguard, as some advanced coding could actually cause problems with not only the way the thread/post would display, but would hamper its functionality.

The biggest drag with posting HTML is that it has to wrap very tightly... no gaps in between the -script or brackets. This means massaging all the -script before you post it. As well, once you submit the code (like you would a regular message) your SOL as far as going back and editing the post. I'm not sure why -- but in the case where I have the running-off twice of the comics I listed, I know what could correct it, but the only way I could edit it is to delete the thread, and start from scratch. 893frustrated.gif

Having said this, if anyone wants the template, PM me and I can email it to you. thumbsup2.gif

The way you list your books with those pics is just AWESOME. thumbsup2.gif I think you showed me how to list this way, but I can't remember. This is just so much better than just a link. I will be listing some books this weekend and all I will be able to provide is just a link.

Thanks musicmeta thumbsup2.gif

If you want, I can resend the original PM I sent you... let me know.

Thanks a bunch, I just sent a PM to you. That would be great to get that template. I'll hang onto it this time.

No problem thumbsup2.gif

Here are a few more I just listed:

100pg6.jpg" width="201" height="295" border="1 100pg13.jpg" width="201" height="291" border="1 Batman222.jpg" width="201" height="291" border="1 Spidey1Ann.jpg" width="201" height="291" border="1
DC 100 Page Super Spectacular #6 F+
DC 100 Page Super Spectacular #13 VF+
Batman 222! Beatles take-off! FN
Amazing Spider-Man Annual 1! FN

GL76.jpg" width="201" height="293" border="1GL85_sm.jpg" width="201" height="293" border="1Mad11.jpg" width="201" height="293" border="1Mad9_sm.jpg" width="201" height="290" border="1
Green Lantern & Green Arrow 76! VG
Green Lantern & Green Arrow 86! VF/NM
Mad 11 Wolverton Art! VG/FN
Mad 9! Kurtzman/Severin Art! CGC FN 6.0

Buy it Now for $44.99