• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Norwegian book - puncture marks and grade?

5 posts in this topic

I would love some input on this classic Norwegian comic, as it has an interesting issue gradewise.

This is one extremely rare comic in any quality.

What I would mainly like to get a take on is how much to pull the grade down on the note of two sets of puncture marks. This book was formerly part of a volume compiled and released by the publisher, consisting of several books from the run. The binding marks are now left as these four pinholes that go straight through the book.

Would one automatically be talking 1.0 - 1.5 here? Any input is greatly appreciated. The opinions of how to grade a comic with a rather uncommon defect like this vary alot.

001.jpg

002.jpg

Those pinholes are pretty minor, I'd think at least 4.5 even with them, unless also trimmed for the bound edition.

I see the date 1931 written on the back cover - was this actually a comic book or a boys magazine with comic strips included. i'd love to see some of the interior if possible.

Thank you for your input, I tend to agree - these are so minor it shouldnt automatically mean we're talking a rock bottom grade. These are not trimmed luckily.

This is the 2nd book in the run, and your correct - its dated 1931. The first one came out a year earlier, and the run lasted until 1961. These are pure comicbooks tho, with strips from start till end.

A sample from the content of the first issue, linked from tegneserie.info :

haukepatruljen_201930_20b2.jpg

Right, they got a tad more interesting contentwise with coloured pages too, but these are mainly an attraction from the coverart. :- )

The picture I linked is taken from a norwegian comicbook site, comparing a variant of the same comic, so your actually seeing two books in that shot.