• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best of the Best Sketches: Emma Frost Edition

249 posts in this topic

That solves that, but the issue was brought up by ErikB in September in this thread here http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7035851&fpart=42 after Dscott found out the Spidey was sold. I thought the consensus then was a suggestion made by HCE back then

"As for current champs being sold, my personal opinion is that they should remain champs. We vote for the sketch, not the owner, and I don't see any particular reason they should be removed. But if the majority think differently, then I know of one or two other current champs that have been sold recently."

Now this was never voted upon in an official poll, but it can easily rectified by an official poll that everyone votes upon to see what to do.

I agree with HCE's statements we vote for the art not the owner. As long as it has met the requirements to enter the competition in the first place then it should not matter after its won. Winning one of these contests can do alot for an independent artist especially one who might be getting his or her feet wet. Its the artist's accomplishment and removing that award from the artist is unfair. I use this competition to judge and see which artist's work I want to commission next.

That solves that, but the issue was brought up by ErikB in September in this thread here http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7035851&fpart=42 after Dscott found out the Spidey was sold. I thought the consensus then was a suggestion made by HCE back then

"As for current champs being sold, my personal opinion is that they should remain champs. We vote for the sketch, not the owner, and I don't see any particular reason they should be removed. But if the majority think differently, then I know of one or two other current champs that have been sold recently."

Now this was never voted upon in an official poll, but it can easily rectified by an official poll that everyone votes upon to see what to do.

I agree with HCE's statements we vote for the art not the owner. As long as it has met the requirements to enter the competition in the first place then it should not matter after its won. Winning one of these contests can do alot for an independent artist especially one who might be getting his or her feet wet. Its the artist's accomplishment and removing that award from the artist is unfair. I use this competition to judge and see which artist's work I want to commission next.

I agree completely.

I will put up a poll this weekend outlining some rules we need to address and have set in stone based on popular opinion how we need to go about things that have been addressed both here and in other locations. As for now until tomorrow please send some PM's to me on ones you think we need aside from transferring and we can hash that out before going through with a ton more.

until then let us get back to this actual poll to give both Challenger and Champ a fair shake on this one on the Best of the Best Emma Frost cover.