• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Early cartoon Easter egg

8 posts in this topic

This morning I was watching the 1933 Popeye cartoon, I Eats Me Spinach, and I noticed Mickey Mouse drawn in the scene as a static background character. Mickey is hidden by Popeye and Olive Oyl for part of the scene, but is clearly visible in others. This particular cartoon had a commentary track, but it made no mention of this cool early Easter egg! This is just the 4th Popeye cartoon made, and it seems the Fleischers were giving a tip of the cap to Disney.

Popeye1.jpg

Popeye2.jpg

Popeye3.jpg

Popeye4a.jpg

Popeye5a.jpg

This morning I was watching the 1933 Popeye cartoon, I Eats Me Spinach, and I noticed Mickey Mouse drawn in the scene as a static background character. Mickey is hidden by Popeye and Olive Oyl for part of the scene, but is clearly visible in others. This particular cartoon had a commentary track, but it made no mention of this cool early Easter egg! This is just the 4th Popeye cartoon made, and it seems the Fleischers were giving a tip of the cap to Disney.

Popeye1.jpg

Popeye2.jpg

Popeye3.jpg

Popeye4a.jpg

Popeye5a.jpg

:applause: