• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate X-Men #46...What the..Who the...

8 posts in this topic

Okay, have some damaged Ultimate X-Men's and decide to catch up on some reading. Get to page 27 of issue #46 and Bamm! (Emiril style) Storm has cut her hair in a moment of despair over the death of the Beast (didn't know he was dead, anyhoo). Then I think, wait-a-minute, there was a big "Storm has cut her hair scene" before. Sure enough, Uncanny X-Men #173, the punk Storm. My question is...Are the Ultimate titles actually reprints in some form? Did they forget they had a similar scene in Uncanny X-Men? Couldn't say, Prof. X, have been the one to get a new doo? A little Rogaine, some gentle rubbing, and voila! Prof X is now sporting a Travolta-esqu "Saturday Night Fever" look? What gives?

CRC

Okay, have some damaged Ultimate X-Men's and decide to catch up on some reading. Get to page 27 of issue #46 and Bamm! (Emiril style) Storm has cut her hair in a moment of despair over the death of the Beast (didn't know he was dead, anyhoo). Then I think, wait-a-minute, there was a big "Storm has cut her hair scene" before. Sure enough, Uncanny X-Men #173, the punk Storm. My question is...Are the Ultimate titles actually reprints in some form? Did they forget they had a similar scene in Uncanny X-Men? Couldn't say, Prof. X, have been the one to get a new doo? A little Rogaine, some gentle rubbing, and voila! Prof X is now sporting a Travolta-esqu "Saturday Night Fever" look? What gives?

CRC

I would say that Ultimate books are complete rip-offs if you're already familiar with the original storylines. They bring nothing new to the table and actually subtract from years (decades) of character development and storytelling in order to squeeze every single "significant" event into as few issues as possible.

What I'm wondering is, what happens once they catch up? In the case of UXM, they aren't that far off (apparently). Are they going to do the Mutuant Massacre, Australia, Inferno, Atlantis Attacks, the "Muir Island" fiasco of the late 200's, and all those other horrible, horrible stories from the 90's?

Or are they just going to stop with the book and assume that readers will be SO confused by the continuity that they will simply go back to mindlessly buying every other book with an "X" on the cover?

confused-smiley-013.gif

CRC

I would say that Ultimate books are complete rip-offs if you're already familiar with the original storylines. They bring nothing new to the table and actually subtract from years (decades) of character development and storytelling in order to squeeze every single "significant" event into as few issues as possible.

What I'm wondering is, what happens once they catch up? In the case of UXM, they aren't that far off (apparently). Are they going to do the Mutuant Massacre, Australia, Inferno, Atlantis Attacks, the "Muir Island" fiasco of the late 200's, and all those other horrible, horrible stories from the 90's?

Or are they just going to stop with the book and assume that readers will be SO confused by the continuity that they will simply go back to mindlessly buying every other book with an "X" on the cover?

confused-smiley-013.gif

OMG I may have to leave the boards, becuase my work here is odone. I actually agree with your post 100%. I think this is a first for you MK, you have truly shown you have grown as a troll. thumbsup2.gif

I cannot stand the Ultimate line as I think the Bendis has chosen a cheap way out of dealing with continuity. No better than restarting current series.

CRC

confused-smiley-013.gif

OMG I may have to leave the boards, becuase my work here is odone. I actually agree with your post 100%. I think this is a first for you MK, you have truly shown you have grown as a troll. thumbsup2.gif

I cannot stand the Ultimate line as I think the Bendis has chosen a cheap way out of dealing with continuity. No better than restarting current series.

Sweet jumped-up Jesus. I have now agreed with both Deathlok AND FF... BOTH ON THE SAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Or close to it...)

Everyone, hold your loved ones close... the Endtimes are nigh.

CRC

confused-smiley-013.gif

Sweet jumped-up Jesus. I have now agreed with both Deathlok AND FF... BOTH ON THE SAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Or close to it...)

Is it time for the crash?

CRC

confused-smiley-013.gif

Is it time for the crash?

So sayeth the Lord, Brother Ares. angel.gif