• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The newest issue of Hulk

18 posts in this topic

Anyone seen the newest issue of The Incredible Hulk, I think #8 of the new series? I am A Hulk completest of sorts, but could not bring myself to spend the money on a comic in which the Hulk looks like a normal man with green skin. I hope Dillon isn't going to be drawing the series for long :sick:.

I love Dillon's art but he only has about 5 models / faces.

Take his Punisher MAX. That's just Jesse Custer with his curly barnet greased back.

His Bullseye is just Jesse Custer with a shaven head.

I remember reading the Ultimates series he drew. It was a great game of spot the character from

Preacher

Hellblazer

Punisher

he only has about 5 models / faces.

Take his Punisher MAX. That's just Jesse Custer with his curly barnet greased back.

His Bullseye is just Jesse Custer with a shaven head.

I remember reading the Ultimates series he drew. It was a great game of spot the character from

Preacher

Hellblazer

Punisher

So, it's not just me thinking that, then?  A main reason I got bored with his artwork years ago.  

Anyone seen the newest issue of The Incredible Hulk, I think #8 of the new series? I am A Hulk completest of sorts, but could not bring myself to spend the money on a comic in which the Hulk looks like a normal man with green skin. I hope Dillon isn't going to be drawing the series for long :sick:.

Yeah the art on this issue was TERRIBLE.

Don't worry though, new artist in the next issue (out this week actually). Looks A LOT better.

There's something a bit sterile about Dillon's artwork.  You don't really feel the anger in the character's face.  For a storyline called 'Stay Angry', that's quite useless.

So #9 came out yesterday and the hulk looks pretty good under the new artist; I can't recall his name off hand though.

Pasqual Ferry is the artist. And yes, his work is GOOD.

It would be nice if they put him on the book full time.

I can't stand Dillons artwork, this might be enough to make me drop the book.

I thought it couldn't be THAT bad but you're post made me look it up and oh boy you were right. Worst Hulk i've ever seen.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=12509

lol! Are you sure that's not the Martian Manhunter?? Egads!

Going back to my earlier post,

The bloke getting thrown at the car is Jesse Custer

The Hulk is a green and slightly larger version of Bullseye with a hint of Kingpin.

So #9 came out yesterday and the hulk looks pretty good under the new artist; I can't recall his name off hand though.

Pasqual Ferry is the artist. And yes, his work is GOOD.

It would be nice if they put him on the book full time.

Oh, Ferry is the artist? I guess I really didn't look too close because I've known his work since the Adam Strange Mini back around '06 or so.