• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will X-Men 2 Cause Prices To Rise?

29 posts in this topic

Enevitably there will be some price rises due to the movie, but as with Daredevil it will only be short term.

Most of the X-Men first apps are already pretty pricey, so I can't see much of a bump coming from the movie for these.

Sone books that do have a chance to rise IMHO are Ms Marvel 16,17 & 18 which feature the first apps of Mystique. These are still pretty much in the dollar bin so are affordable and could see some heat from new collectors.

If the price increases on Daredevil are only short term, will someone sell me a Daredevil 1 cgc 8.0 at a guaranteed $1500 in six months time?!?

Back on the original questions, I think that the book that everyone will still go for is Hulk 181 in high grade. As noted in another thread, this one will continue to go up and up.

You could've gotten one in this weekend's heritage auction for that price tongue.gif

I think that the books prices are high enough on most that the movie will have the same effect that the DD movie had on ASM 50..none to little. tongue.gif

Brian

It's a shame you can't see who bought it, maybe you could've offered them.. As I said, I bid that 8.0 up to 1,750..I would've gone higher but I'm gonna try my luck at how the price does after the movie is out. The 9.0 went for over 3,500 which imo is pretty high..but I'm not even remotely a DD fan tongue.gif

Brian

All Kelly Hu posters will become hot b/c of the X-men 2 & her previous work in the Scorpion King & trashy videos.

New Mazda RX-8 sportscar will sell gr8 b/c Wolverine will drive 1 in X2. Wouldn't u like to have the Wolver-mobile parked in your garage? Too bad u can't fit many long boxes under the hatch. Darn. cool.gif

Wizard had some movie pics of Nightcrawler a month or two back, he actually looks pretty good. A scottish actor is playing him I beleive, although his name escapes me.

Time to scarf up those cheapo first apps of Nightcrawler kids grin.gif

That was my wife and yes she worked on the movie for the entire time they we're in Vancouver and Kananaskis(Calgary), from everything I heard and saw including a bunch of trips on set it does seem that Nightcrawler is the big new guy on the X-Men block this time out(kind'a in the same way they intro'd Wolverine in the firstt) but it is definatly still Wolverines movie by far. Also, this movie is going to be much bigger and better than the last one, I guarrantee.

'best

Bronzejunkie