• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how much does arthur suydam charge for a sketch

13 posts in this topic

The bigger the con the more expensive he'll charge. For Suydam, he'll be at El Paso (of all places) for the city's very first Comicon in September. I'm sure that will be the cheapest place and time to ask him for a sketch. CGC won't be there but you get to go home with a sketch by the King of Zombies.

Can someone post what these convention sketches look like now? I saw a few from the last couple of years and I was not impressed.

Can someone post what these convention sketches look like now? I saw a few from the last couple of years and I was not impressed.

Eh. I agree. But yah your paying for the name not the quality.

You should see what you get from David Peterson, Charles P. Wilson III and Tony Moore for between $100 and $150....you'll never pay for a "name" again. lol

esp with the advent of the internet and chat rooms like this, probably a good idea to do a little research before shelling out $$$ for sketches. Make sure their con sketches are your cup of tea, because they may be very very different from their comic art or cover art.

Arthur took about 45min at CGC now paid 100 at Phoenix Comic con (photo taken with iphone, doesn't do it justice) php0gayc4pm.jpg

Tony Moore won a raffle (near impossible only picked 3) paid $200 and took him 2 days Not CGC (wasn't on site)

tonymooresketch.jpg

I love both my sketches....and was more then happy with both....

Speaking of researching. Also make sure the artist CAN draw, and doesn't specialize in digital works. There's a lot of them out in Artists Alley. They have their colorful prints for sale in their booth but they can't draw if it saves their lives. I've even seen some credited as "variants."

Also make sure you know the difference between pencil, ink and colors. There are artists who will only draw in pencils, they suck at inking so they leave that to those who are good at it. And there are those who just don't do colors, so don't put urself in an embarrassing situation by asking them. Chances are the artist besides them will either ink or color your sketch. Hey you get multiple credits in your yellow label.

I remember the Artists Alley row at Wondercon 2012 where Portacio was. Comics were being passed around, collabo. I'm waiting for some of the lucky fans who got multiple artists work on their sketches.

The bigger the con the more expensive he'll charge. For Suydam, he'll be at El Paso (of all places) for the city's very first Comicon in September. I'm sure that will be the cheapest place and time to ask him for a sketch. CGC won't be there but you get to go home with a sketch by the King of Zombies.

It's actually the 3rd annual El Paso Con. And there's a couple more pretty good artists that are scheduled to appear. Suydam is the headliner.

[font:Book Antiqua]Eh. I agree. But yah your paying for the name not the quality. [/font]

[font:Book Antiqua]Bwa hahahahahahahaha

Best post ever....[/font]

:roflmao:

[font:Book Antiqua]A conundrum full of Irony...[/font]

:/