• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Lee Sketches

28 posts in this topic

I love when artist do this to mess with people who try to profit from someone else's talent. It's why i usually ask for the artist to personalize it so they don't think I'm trying to sell their work.

I asked Jock in London not to personalize my sketches. I don't want to sell them, but I just want the artists art and name on my blank and nothing else.

Edited by naits

I love when artist do this to mess with people who try to profit from someone else's talent. It's why i usually ask for the artist to personalize it so they don't think I'm trying to sell their work.

I don't know. If i got a signature or sketch i wouldn't want it personalized. Not because i have any intention of selling it but because i would just rather not have it there and yes it devalues the book should that person ever want to sell it down the road. I understand why some artists do it, seeing something you did as a favor for a "fan" and seeing it flipped on eBay the next day for a few hundred bucks would probably annoy me too.

These where done at 2012 Big Wow Comic Fest. They are still at CGC

Tanner- I was in line with you!

Here's my Jim Lee Psylocke also with CGC.

EDIT: Got it back today at 9.8 :cool:

Jim%20Lee%20sketch%202.jpg

Edited by wormser61

I don't know. If i got a signature or sketch i wouldn't want it personalized. Not because i have any intention of selling it but because i would just rather not have it there and yes it devalues the book should that person ever want to sell it down the road. I understand why some artists do it, seeing something you did as a favor for a "fan" and seeing it flipped on eBay the next day for a few hundred bucks would probably annoy me too.

If its a gift, I'm not going to sell it - personalize it. If you diden't charge me? Personalize it. If I paid for it, I should feel ok with selling it later on down the road as it's my purchased property.

My 2 :makepoint:

I asked Jock in London not to personalize my sketches. I don't want to sell them, but I just want the artists art and name on my blank and nothing else.

I'm no expert but from the handful of artist I've spoken to they feel much better about a personalized sketch than a non personalized one. To each their own, all my sketch covers are for my personal collection, and not for sale, so I like a little personalization.

But there are some of my sketch covers I've gotten where I actually forget to ask them to personalize it, typically if I get caught up in a convo witht he artist or other fans waiting in line.

Edited by Webhead1981

They're not on blanks, but here are my two Lee's.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetailSearch.asp?Artist=Jim+Lee&GCat=42920

The Batman was a super quickie from NYCC 2 years ago. The Wolvie, Jim took some more time with and was a lot more detailed. Sketch wise it seems like Jim likes to draw casual style Wolvie as opposed to X-Men suited Wolvie. Maybe since he works with DC now, he can say that casual suited Wolvie is just some random cititzen in the DC universe as opposed to a Marvel character. :grin: