• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FOR SALE ICONIC DPS MOON KNIGHT BY BILL SIENKIEWICZ!!!

27 posts in this topic

About the price it reached, bear in mind that it was auctioned about five years ago, and back then it was a record price for a Sienkiewicz's black & white piece. In fact, painted NM covers sold in a range of 3-4k in Heritage. Nowadays it's another story, with Elektra Assassin pieces selling for many thousands, and new pieces offered at astronomical prices by his art dealer. Just take a look at them:

http://www.billsienkiewiczart.com/gallery.asp?new=T&afs=T

Elektra easily out paces his other painted works, people really consider that his most memorable work. The pieces on his dealers site are definitely often astronomical. The Halloween Michael Myers cover painting was listed on the site for 6K. It was auctioned by his rep on eBay and I won it with a winning bid that barely cleared 1K.

About references, the MK #23 cover owned by Williams sold in eBay for 6-7k a few years ago:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=265716&gsub=3473

STUNNED. I would have easily paid more than that for that cover.. :o

Well, it actually was 5 years ago and I was underbidder on it. That number feels low to me but hey, back then that might have been correct. Whatever it was it was above market at the time for a Sienkiewicz MK cover. I badly wanted it, but Scott wanted it just a bit more : )

Well, I also wanted it REALLY badly, but my wallet couldn't back up my wishes... ;-)

I agree, back at that time it looked like a really high quantity for Sienkiewcz's market, but only five years later it looks like a bargain. It happens all of the time with this kind of iconic pieces, they increase their value in record time.

Just like my piece... ;-)

Another key factor for this revaluation is that no other piece of this quality has showed in the market since then, and core Sienkiewicz fans are hungry to add a similar piece in their collections, which would have a very special place in them.

Hence that I don't want to part with my jewell at any price. I'm fully aware that I couldn't replace it not matter if I offer the double of what I'd get.

The pieces on his dealers site are definitely often astronomical. The Halloween Michael Myers cover painting was listed on the site for 6K. It was auctioned by his rep on eBay and I won it with a winning bid that barely cleared 1K.

I agree, his prices are irreal, which makes his modern work to be really scarce unless like in your case, you buy one of the pieces auctioned in eBay at realistic price.

But you still can see some of it in CAF galleries which were not offered at eBay. I suppose that they'd get a really big discount by negotiating, but still I'd bet that they were big quantities. This is just a sample. Similar pieces were offered in a range of 5-7k in the official site:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=664468&GSub=16942

Ok, I decided to give a firm price: $7,500. Non-negotiable.

If by the end of the year it didn't sell, it'll be offered in an art dealer site with an increase of 12-18% due to their fees.

Time payments accepted.

I'm not in a hurry, so you could reserved it with a non-returnable 20% of the price, and begin to pay in a few months.