• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FOR SALE ICONIC DPS MOON KNIGHT BY BILL SIENKIEWICZ!!!

27 posts in this topic

Hello,

If the right offer comes, I could part with the iconic DPS of Moon Knight

published in Moon Knight Special Edition #1:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=328376&GSub=36617

Give a shot, you don't lose anything, it could be the only opportunity I put

this wonderful piece in the market. There's no similar piece in the open market

and probably won't be.

Ferran

Hi LB J., thanks.

I see it reprints stories from the Hulk magazines, so I guess they were reduced in size.

I read those stories (especially the licantrophy two-part story from the double perspective of Hulk and M.K.) as a child and it amazed me. I’d love to buy those few magazines some day…

It's like watching the game of tractor chicken in Footloose...who's going to end up in the ditch and who gets to dance at the end?

sl4ppy...make an offer you are comfortable with and you can't go wrong. My unsolicited advice.

sl4ppy...make an offer you are comfortable with and you can't go wrong. My unsolicited advice.

Probably good advice; I just have no frame of reference at all. I don't want to either be insulting or embarrass myself. :( My gut tells me it's vastly more than I can rightly offer.

Probably good advice; I just have no frame of reference at all. I don't want to either be insulting or embarrass myself. :( My gut tells me it's vastly more than I can rightly offer.

My Advice...

Email 1:

Hey, I saw your Moonknight DPS on the boards, do you know how much you're looking to get for it?

Email 2

Oh, hey, that's a bit more than I can afford, my budget is xyz, do you think there's anyway we can get near that number?

If not, thanks for your time... Have a great day...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just be polite, forthright, and usually the person on the other end of the email will do the same....

Who knows, maybe you'll make a friend with similar collecting interests, worst case....

That's okay. people are nice, especially when you are nice - like Pete said above. If you don't make an offer you will never know perhaps (what if it sells NOW), and if you make an offer at least you will gain knowledge. This may be more valuable than the art, young grasshopper. :headbang:

Also, I know what you mean. It happens whenever I make an offer. I just made an offer to a person on these boards (Under $1000) and it is being considered. I would not be surprised if it is accepted, and I would not be surprised if he said no and that he was looking for at least double. Art can be so subjective (one of a kind yada yada yada), and some seller's want only top dollar and some seller's want to be fair, even to a fault. I had someone in a trade tell me I was way undervaluing a piece of art and he traded me more accordingly. It all depends on the phase of the moon and the mood of the man. And some people have different prices for different people; those guys can be tricky.

Excuse me because I've been out of touch for a few days, so I couldn't read the new posts in the thread.

About references, the MK #23 cover owned by Williams sold in eBay for 6-7k a few years ago:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=265716&gsub=3473

The cover of MK Special edition #1 was offered in Comiclink for 9k, although I don't know the final price of the sale. It was resold by Art4comics.com, but I don't know the quantity either:

http://www.art4comics.com/bs_mkcvr.jpg

If I don't get an offer around this range, I won't part with it, because there's no MK piece so iconic like this one in the market done at Sienkiewicz's peak (imho), and I have a special link with it.

It was drawn just half a year after he left the regular series (MK #30: Apr 1983; MKSE #1: Nov 1983) and less than a year before he began his run in New Mutants (NM #18: Aug 1984). My favourite age. You won't find anything similar to this piece in the market, it's really special.

Time payments available.

Excuse me because I've been out of touch for a few days, so I couldn't read the new posts in the thread.

About references, the MK #23 cover owned by Williams sold in eBay for 6-7k a few years ago:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=265716&gsub=3473

The cover of MK Special edition #1 was offered in Comiclink for 9k, although I don't know the final price of the sale. It was resold by Art4comics.com, but I don't know the quantity either:

http://www.art4comics.com/bs_mkcvr.jpg

Great piece.

So you are looking for an offer in the range of what these covers sold for then?

That makes it easier to figure out.

Thanks

I bid for it, but I couldn't go in that range, it was out of my league.

It's easily one of my favorite MK cover ever by Sienkiewicz, done at his peak (imho). He always has said that MK #26 was the best he could do in the series, and this was one of the reasons because he asked to do another series, because he felt that from there it was downhill.

About the price it reached, bear in mind that it was auctioned about five years ago, and back then it was a record price for a Sienkiewicz's black & white piece. In fact, painted NM covers sold in a range of 3-4k in Heritage. Nowadays it's another story, with Elektra Assassin pieces selling for many thousands, and new pieces offered at astronomical prices by his art dealer. Just take a look at them:

http://www.billsienkiewiczart.com/gallery.asp?new=T&afs=T