• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Advice Regarding Non-Paying Bidder

43 posts in this topic

I have a book that I sold on eBay that was returned to me because I addressed it wrong. As luck would have it.....when I received it back.....the box was bent in on one side. So I opened it up to find the cgc case cracked and the comic now had a crease in the spine. mad.gif

So......the transaction was voided. Can I file a NPB form and get my selling fees back? I went to the site to do this like you mentioned DARTH.....but it just has a space to fill in the auction number and a button that says "send request". I didn't see a space to put in a reason like, "the seller and buyer mutually agreed not to complete transaction".

I don't want anything to happen to the buyer.....because it wasn't his fault. I would just like my fees back. Any suggestions?

Yup - sorry about that bug...you do the NPB alert first; this emails the buyer to send money, but you can warn him ahead to pay it no mind and you are just trying to recoup fees on it. Then after 10 days file the Final value fee request and it shoiuld have a drop down menu with list of reasons why transaction was nullified...

You file the NPB alert, then you wait 10 days before you file the NPB form which will be your final value fee request. The fees will automatically be credited to your account smile.gif

Just to clarify the NON PAYING BIDDER thing, I just filed one and here is how it went:

When I filed the NPB, I received an INSTANT credit to my account for my ebay fees and didn't have to wait the 10 days since the buyer had just returned the book for a refund.

Here is what I did:

I went to file a NPB for the auction and entered the auction number and clicked "submit".

A screen them popped up asking me for the reason with a "drop down" box. I entered the choice for:

"High bidder paid for item and returned it. You issued a refund to the bidder."

It then went to a screen that said:

Did the bidder pay you any money?: And I answered "yes"

If so, how much?: And I entered the amount and clicked submit.

It then gave me an error and said the amount could not be bigger than the credit requested. confused.gif

I assumed that what they were asking (and doing a poor job at it) was:

Did the buyer back out of your transaction and simply cover your eBay fees for you instead so we won't have to refund them to you?

So, I went back and said the bidder didn't pay me any money (which wasn't true....but oh well).

I clicked enter and got an IMMEDIATE CREDIT to my eBay account. laugh.gif

They then sent this email to the bidder and copied me on it:

Dear XXXXXXX:

Congratulations on your recent winning bid for XXXXXXXXXX. Your seller, XXXXXXX, has contacted eBay for a credit. They have let us know you decided to return the item and you have received a refund.

If this is correct, do nothing and enjoy your time on eBay. However, if this is not correct (you have received the item and intend to keep it), please let us know by writing to safeharbor and include "Not Correct" in the subject line of your email.

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

eBay SafeHarbor Team