• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculators: Which Original Art / Artists are Undervalued/Overvalued?

62 posts in this topic

What Khazano said was exactly the answer I was looking for.

It was also very enlightening.

I do agree with Tim Sale Dark Victory pages. Long Halloween is already going up but I think Dark Victory should be up there too.

And I do agree with Walking Dead and the current Jim Lee run on JL. Those are just going for too high.

His answers are well justified.

I agree with many on Khazano's list above (although I'm not sure Preacher is "undervalued" with the prices we have seen).

I would add pages from the following - mostly because the art is good and the stories are great:

John McCrea Hitman pages (particularly those inked by Garry Leach)

Starman pages by Tony Harris and also Peter Snejbjerg

Scalped by R.M. Guéra

Animal Man pages by Chas Truog

Doom Patrol by Richard Case

I am not so sure about Starman pages being undervalued. I have 100 or so, most on CAF, and I have been buying them since day one. They were usually under $100 back then. Prices have gone as high as $700+ lately. I don't see them going much higher honestly. His other work is very undervalued, and Liberty Files/Unholy 3 stuff can be had for under $250 or so, for almost every page (but 1 priced at $450 now. I sold that page for about 1/3 of that, so I see it as an outlier.) The Dr. Strange stuff is his best work I think, so sell those to me if you have them. I want to complete the first 2 issues and have 10 or so now.

I do, in fact, buy Starman pages pretty regularly and the prices are getting pretty high I think. But one man's trash is another man's treasure. So if anyone wants to buy my "undervalued" pages, make me an offer. I don't sell them, ever, but at $750 a page I would certainly reconsider. :grin:

I agree on the Snejbjerg Starman pages, although those prices are rising as well.