• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this a normal experience dealing with buyers

14 posts in this topic

I recently sold a book and what an experience it has been....

I confirmed a deal with a buyer on a Thursday and told him the book won't be ready for shipping until Monday,after work,life is busy and time with my kids was the priority.

I told the buyer not to send payment until Sunday or early Monday...

Well he sent the payment right away and said no rush on the shipping...

Monday after work I sent the book out .....

Wednesday he recieved it....

He was even happy with his purchase :ohnoez:

I recently sold a book and what an experience it has been....

I confirmed a deal with a buyer on a Thursday and told him the book won't be ready for shipping until Monday,after work,life is busy and time with my kids was the priority.

I told the buyer not to send payment until Sunday or early Monday...

Well he sent the payment right away and said no rush on the shipping...

Monday after work I sent the book out .....

Wednesday he recieved it....

He was even happy with his purchase :ohnoez:

Neg them.

As a buyer, there is never any rush on anything that anyone has to send me as long as it is reasonable. I do not need anything tomorrow, and while I always advertise that I pay immediately I do not expect things to be sent out imediately. People have lives and while my package should be on the "to do list" and should be handled in the short term, it should not the highest priority.

As a buyer, there is never any rush on anything that anyone has to send me as long as it is reasonable. I do not need anything tomorrow, and while I always advertise that I pay immediately I do not expect things to be sent out imediately. People have lives and while my package should be on the "to do list" and should be handled in the short term, it should not the highest priority.

:mad:

Burn him!

Total agreement. The only time I have bugged an eBay seller is when I didn't see it had "shipped" after 5 working days. Everyone needs a reminder sometimes. :)

The only time I get really annoyed is when the seller takes 2-3 weeks (sometimes even a month) before they even ship. Here are two extreme cases. One took about 3 weeks ($1800) and another took about 3 1/2 wks ($650). Yes, I did email them several times and always got lame excuses.

One other knot-head even responded to my email (after he had gotten my $900 nine days earlier) saying that he didn't notice that he got paid. How the hell do you not notice that your auction ended and that $900 mysteriously deposited in your account?

Same here, anything I am buying I can wait a couple weeks to show up.

The only exception is if I need it quickly for a con, and then I am always clear with the seller that it needs to be done by X date.

I'm just piling on this thread because I love to see other people turn

a postive thread into a bischfest.

+1....

I've had all 100% positive reviews, even my last one to a new buyer (3 buys at the time) and the comic arrived to him in 8 business days after payment. He gives me a positive review but posts "very slow shipping", argh. My shipment details in the auction even said plain out delivery in "7-15 business days."

I was reading that thinking the next line would be something horrible. :)

I had an auction similar to that for some Green Lantern books. I payed right away and he said it would be a few days before he shipped and I had no issue with that.

Generally all my buys get shipped within a day or two.