• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Golden Age 1-4. Best James Robinson story outside of Starman and really cool elseworlds story. I've probably read them 4 or 5 times. Something happened to #3 due to heat in one of my many moves, but these are for reading anyways. You can choose this or the TPB's.

IMG_0004_zps9c259cc9.jpg

IMG_0005_zps2cdce756.jpg

IMG_0006_zps10168491.jpg

IMG_0007_zpsfb7b3e2d.jpg

Ok that didn't work. Let's try this one:

Kingdom Come 1-4 plus the Kingdom 1

Another quality story (Kingdom Come is anyways) if you're into that sort of thing.

You can pick between the lots.

IMG_3250_zps73533436.jpg

Ok that didn't work. Let's try this one:

Kingdom Come 1-4 plus the Kingdom 1

Another quality story (Kingdom Come is anyways) if you're into that sort of thing.

You can pick between the lots.

IMG_3250_zps73533436.jpg

:takeit: Kingdom Come

:winnah: Whew!! I thought I was gonna get a lecture on bad offers! You saved me!!

I will be posting my offering this evening, currently our of town for work. I think the wait will be worth it ;)

:takeit: Please don't be a bunch of My Little Pony stuff is all that I ask sir.

:insane:

I will have my offer up here later tonight when I get home from work.

I will be posting my offering this evening, currently our of town for work. I think the wait will be worth it ;)

(tsk)

(tsk)

Reading the rules I don't see where it says I can't blindly claim what someone is gonna offer. If I am missing something in the rules please let me know and I will rescind my :takeit:

(tsk)

Reading the rules I don't see where it says I can't blindly claim what someone is gonna offer. If I am missing something in the rules please let me know and I will rescind my :takeit:

You're right, there's nothing in the rules about blind claiming, but in my opinion, it kind of takes the fun out of the thread. Your enthusiasm is much appreciated, but I just don't see how an item can be claimed until it's offered. I've always thought that half the fun of this thread was seeing who is online when the offer is posted that likes it, and who gets the "Take it" posted first; the other half being what did they claim and what did they offer in return. Claiming an item in advance scrubs all that.

But, that's just my thoughts on it. You are correct, there is nothing in the rules prohibiting blindly claim what someone is going to offer.

In addition, I would put out the question to the others who frequent this thread: should we ask NamesJay to edit the first post of the thread to include a new rule that states an item cannot be claimed until it has been officially posted?

(tsk)

You're right, there's nothing in the rules about blind claiming, but in my opinion, it kind of takes the fun out of the thread. Your enthusiasm is much appreciated, but I just don't see how an item can be claimed until it's offered. I've always thought that half the fun of this thread was seeing who is online when the offer is posted that likes it, and who gets the "Take it" posted first; the other half being what did they claim and what did they offer in return. Claiming an item in advance scrubs all that.

But, that's just my thoughts on it. You are correct, there is nothing in the rules prohibiting blindly claim what someone is going to offer.

In addition, I would put out the question to the others who frequent this thread: should we ask NamesJay to edit the first post of the thread to include a new rule that states an item cannot be claimed until it has been officially posted?

I don't want anyone to be upset so I am gonna rescind my :takeit:

I agree an offer has to be made before it can be claimed. According to the current rules, I can put an early claim on the next higher value SA/BA book to be offered, whenever that may be. Obviously that would be very douchey of me.

Maybe...

• No HOSers- You must be in good standings on the boards.
  • You must have 50 posts minimum *.
  • An offer must be made before it can be claimed (no early birds claims).
  • You must make an offer within 24 hours of claiming an item. If it is not claimed within 48 hours, you should try an alternate offering.
  • One offering at a time.
  • You must have an image of your offering (cell pics are OK).
  • Don't take book(s) if you've got nothing to offer in return.
  • Ship book(s) quickly so people aren't left hanging.
  • You cannot claim another item for 7 days UNLESS the current offering is 24 hours old (this applies to alternate offerings as well).
  • Please do not discuss the value of the book(s) being offered. If you don't like them, you don't have to take them.
  • Be honest.
  • HAVE FUN! HAVE FUN! HAVE FUN!

*Maybe a minimum of 30 days (or 45, 60 whatever) on the boards can be added to the 50 posts rule?

I'm not sure what can be done about situations when nothing being offered is claimed for a week or so. Perhaps the person at bat can step aside and let someone else make an offer, but volunteer to pay for excellent shipping for the new offer :shrug: It's bound to happen again.

Hado - have you every claimed anything - you're the pay it forward groupie! lol