• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I collect mainly silver age DCs so I'm going to start with a couple of those, and then add in a few more comics from bronze to copper. A couple of #1s, a couple of anniversary issues.

1. Superman 129 First Lori Lemaris - complete with cover and centerfold attached, however will grade about G+ due to multiple creases, 2 inch tear and someone tracing around lois on the cover. But hey, it's a old 1959 DC and minor Superman key.

2. 80 page Giant #4 1964 The Flash, complete, 3 inch spine tears at top/bottom, G/VG

3. Spectacular Spider-man #1 1976 - it's going to look great in the scan however you hold it at an angle to light and you will see several non color breaking bends/folds, I think it's Fine condition.

4. Superman 400 VF - a cool anniversary issue with stories and art by a number of great people - Ray Bradbury, Howard Chaykin, Steve Ditko, Will Eisner, Mike kaluta, Jack Kirby, Frank Miller, Moebius, Steranko, Al Williamson, Bernie Wrightson, more

5. Detective 572 50th Anniversary Issue - Batman and Sherlock Holmes, VF/NM

6. Defenders 100 VF/NM

7. Marvel Comics Presents #1 Wolverine VF/NM

8. The book that got me back in collecting in 1982, so how can you resist it and not taking this lot? Alien Worlds #1 Pacific Comics 1982. I walked into a comic store for the first time and saw that cover and had to have her - I mean it.

Shipped free in the USA media mail with tracking and insurance, Free first class shipping to Canada. $10.00 off the shipping anywhere else - I've heard the international postage rates have gone crazy.

superman129ll_zpsced51456.jpg

FLASH4_zps6fc08413.jpg

pp1_zps25beed96.jpg

SUP400_zps4fb9b109.jpg

DEF100_zpsab196ec6.jpg

DET572_zps68794c9e.jpg

MCP1_zps70cbd1fd.jpg

AW1_zps124efa65.jpg

I collect mainly silver age DCs so I'm going to start with a couple of those, and then add in a few more comics from bronze to copper. A couple of #1s, a couple of anniversary issues.

1. Superman 129 First Lori Lemaris - complete with cover and centerfold attached, however will grade about G+ due to multiple creases, 2 inch tear and someone tracing around lois on the cover. But hey, it's a old 1959 DC and minor Superman key.

2. 80 page Giant #4 1964 The Flash, complete, 3 inch spine tears at top/bottom, G/VG

3. Spectacular Spider-man #1 1976 - it's going to look great in the scan however you hold it at an angle to light and you will see several non color breaking bends/folds, I think it's Fine condition.

4. Superman 400 VF - a cool anniversary issue with stories and art by a number of great people - Ray Bradbury, Howard Chaykin, Steve Ditko, Will Eisner, Mike kaluta, Jack Kirby, Frank Miller, Moebius, Steranko, Al Williamson, Bernie Wrightson, more

5. Detective 572 50th Anniversary Issue - Batman and Sherlock Holmes, VF/NM

6. Defenders 100 VF/NM

7. Marvel Comics Presents #1 Wolverine VF/NM

8. The book that got me back in collecting in 1982, so how can you resist it and not taking this lot? Alien Worlds #1 Pacific Comics 1982. I walked into a comic store for the first time and saw that cover and had to have her - I mean it.

Shipped free in the USA media mail with tracking and insurance, Free first class shipping to Canada. $10.00 off the shipping anywhere else - I've heard the international postage rates have gone crazy.

superman129ll_zpsced51456.jpg

FLASH4_zps6fc08413.jpg

pp1_zps25beed96.jpg

SUP400_zps4fb9b109.jpg

DEF100_zpsab196ec6.jpg

DET572_zps68794c9e.jpg

MCP1_zps70cbd1fd.jpg

AW1_zps124efa65.jpg

:takeit:

I'll need a little bit to put together my offer, but it will be up later this evening.

Okay, here we go. I'm going to relist a couple of options from my last time that are still available, plus add in a new one.

I have three options available. Please pick one of these. I'd prefer to ship to the U.S., but if someone in some crazy foreign land claims it, I'll do what I can.

Option 1: A surprise mystery package! There's no picture of this, because it's a surprise. It will include at least 10 comics, most of which will likely be Bronze Age books with a couple wild cards thrown in for good measure. This will include a cross section of publishers and genres as well, including war, romance, horror, superhero and more! hm

Option 2: For the more modern minded among us, here's a full set of both Siege and the follow-up series, Avengers:Prime, which bridges the gap between Siege and Avengers #1 (the 2010 version).

SAM_0322.jpg

Option 3: Someone wanted people to start posting minor Silver Age keys. Well, okay. This is technically Bronze Age, but it's pretty close: It's the first and second appearances of the Unknown Soldier in Star Spangled War Stories #151 and #152! (don't start in on OOAW #168, please, that was a retcon, albeit a very early one) Both of these have a small hole punched through the DC logo that goes through the entire book; hey, they are minor keys, you didn't think they would be 9.2 or something, right? Plus, this makes it much easier to wear them on a giant friendship bracelet.

SAM_0306_zpse357462e.jpg

BONUS!! :news:

Whoever claims this will also receive an incomplete copy of Boy Comics #35!

SAM_0324.jpg

Sadly, the second story is missing most of the pages. However, the first story is complete - and is a complete 16 page epic by Charles Biro and the criminally underrated Norman Maurer!

SAM_0325.jpg

And this one is a real doozy, you guys. I won't spoil the whole thing, but it's about an old man whose best friend is, like, a ten-year-old boy. Hey, in the 40's that wasn't necessarily creepy. So when the old man writes the kid into the will, the old man's family decides there's only one solution: murder the child!

Biro holds nothing back as these people shoot, poison and otherwise do everything they can to kill this innocent kid. It's seriously twisted stuff.

SAM_0331.jpg

SAM_0332.jpg

By god, I am going to make Crimebuster popular again, one reader at a time!

:banana:

I'd like to ship this out tomorrow morning if possible, so here's a bonus incentive: If someone claims one of my offers before I wake up tomorrow morning, they will also receive this:

SAM_0333.jpg

Classic Punisher appearance with a cover by Frank Miller. Grade is maybe 4.5-5.0. Or whatever, I didn't really look that close. Hey, it's free.

:acclaim: