• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

How did you send your donation/who did you contact at the hospital first? I'd like to do this!

I sent the figure to:

Akron Children's Hospital

Attn: Charity

One Perkins Square

Akron, OH 44308

I hadn't contacted anyone at the hospital first and just shipped the figure as I would for any package going to a boardie. I'm sure any place you choose to donate to would certainly appreciate the help :)

Mutants, oh purveyor of high-grade goodness :D

Today's theme is #1 issues.

And here is another twist. I brought in 5 books today. The first person who posts :takeit: will get every book I have posted in the thread up to that point, plus whatever remaining unposted books that I brought in for the day.

NewMutants1001_zpsdaccbb1f.jpg

How did you send your donation/who did you contact at the hospital first? I'd like to do this!

I sent the figure to:

Akron Children's Hospital

Attn: Charity

One Perkins Square

Akron, OH 44308

I hadn't contacted anyone at the hospital first and just shipped the figure as I would for any package going to a boardie. I'm sure any place you choose to donate to would certainly appreciate the help :)

:applause:

Today's theme is #1 issues.

And here is another twist. I brought in 5 books today. The first person who posts :takeit: will get every book I have posted in the thread up to that point, plus whatever remaining unposted books that I brought in for the day.

Here's what we have so far:

New X-Men 129 Fantomex

New Mutants 1

Nova 1

Nova1001_zpsa01d54d9.jpg

I will go ahead and put up an option 1 and 2 as well..... if no one likes these I'll try and come up with something else tonight.

Option 1:

8 10 Marvel blanks

Will consist of X-men blanks, Avengers blanks, Age of Ultron and a few others

Option 2:

Wonder Woman 224 CGC 9.2

i-xdpVBRh-X2.jpg

I will go ahead and put up an option 1 and 2 as well..... if no one likes these I'll try and come up with something else tonight.

Option 1:

8 10 random Marvel blanks - could be anything from the latest Age of Ultron all the way back to Avengers #1

Option 2:

Wonder Woman 224 CGC 9.2

I will make option 1 much less random when I get home. I don't want to promise blanks I don't have....

What he said was that manicnerd got a deal. It implies (although I'm almost certain it wasn't intentional) that manicnerd's offer is not of the same monetary value. Maybe I just inferred incorrectly.

You did. I did not even look at manicnerd’s offering… lol

I just wished to inform you that foreign editions can be differently valuable in their original country. ;)

Option 1:

8 10 random Marvel blanks - could be anything from the latest Age of Ultron all the way back to Avengers #1

Option 2:

Wonder Woman 224 CGC 9.2

That Wonder Woman - is it volume 1 or volume 2?

Option 1:

Option 2:

Wonder Woman 224 CGC 9.2

i-xdpVBRh-X2.jpg

Option 1:

Option 2:

Wonder Woman 224 CGC 9.2

i-xdpVBRh-X2.jpg

:takeit:

Okay, this time I have something I really think someone out there will like. Of course, I've thought that before and been wrong, but I came across something in one of my boxes that hopefully someone out there will be over the moon for. I'll be posting it shortly.

Here's a hint: It has something to do with Grant Morrison.

Okay, here we go.

I have no clue where I got this from, or why I own it, but what I have to offer up is a 1996 promotional poster advertising the beginning of Grant Morrison's classic JLA relaunch:

SAM_0517.jpg

This poster has never been displayed as far as I can tell; there's no tape marks or pin holes or anything. It's been sitting in its original - i.e. folded - condition since it was made 16 years ago. It would have hung in a comic book shop, had it been hung, which it apparently never was.

Considering I am not a Morrison fan and never read JLA, I really don't know why I have this or where I got it from, but I know Morrison's JLA is held in very high regard by some fans so I am hoping someone out there will appreciate it. It's pretty darn cool, I think.

It's also large. It's, like, a real poster. I don't have a ruler handy but my guess is that it's 32 x 23.

To sweeten the deal, I will also throw in this poster featuring a Jon Bogdanove painting of Superman that was included with some copies of the Death of Superman in Superman #75:

SAM_0521.jpg

And finally, i will again be throwing in an incomplete copy of Boy Comics #35. Most of the second story is missing, but the entire first story is there, featuring work by the criminally underrated Norman Maurer. Converting people into Crimebuster fans, one Pay It Forward reader at a time:

SAM_0325.jpg

I'm going to leave my current offer up for a while to make sure enough eyeballs see it. I may have misoverestimated how popular this JLA series currently is, but I still hope someone out there will like this one.

And if not, there's always this pile of Street Poet Ray back issues... hm

(just kidding, I would never just give away something as epic as Street Poet Ray)