• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Oh...after all the test/talks/surgeries/hospital stays, I have no shame left...

They took out my rectum, all the surrounding tissue and a little bit of my colon (just over 13 inches total). Then they attached my colon to my sphincter. I had to have the ileostomy for a couple months while that connection healed.

They took out my rectum, all the surrounding tissue and a little bit of my colon (just over 13 inches total).

I'm a little afraid of what you're going to offer up if you take someones offering... :eek:

They took out my rectum, all the surrounding tissue and a little bit of my colon (just over 13 inches total).

I'm a little afraid of what you're going to offer up if you take someones offering... :eek:

Prob'ly some Spider-Man tpb's.

I had to have the ileostomy for a couple months while that connection healed.

You're a bigger man than I. I've done a lot of ileostomy and colostomy care during my years in medical, always said that's the one thing I could never deal with on myself. But you're 32, I'm 31. I'm getting remarried to a wonderful woman who unlike my ex-wife, wants kids. So, I guess if I knew it was temporary, I'd deal with it.

always seemed the bag would make sex...awkward. Sorry to go off topic, congrats on the recovery, and hope you stay healthy! F Cancer!