• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Thread right back on track. Now I can participate too! Just need to come up with something I can send.....

This is in no way directed exclusively at you :foryou: , but I'll use your post as an example.

I've seen many statements like the one highlighted. What I've done is I looked over my collection and put together a stack of books I'm willing to use for PIF offers and set it aside. So now I know I have many choices to offer BEFORE I claim something, and I don't have to worry about bottle necking the thread.

I understand many newer members don't have large collections yet, but claiming an item before establishing a sizable number of items to offer in return is placing the cart before the horse. 2c

:applause:

Glad I'm not alone in this.

I did too - and I actually loaded a couple pics online so I'm ready with my first one or two options too.

Oh i agree with you. Which is why I haven't claimed anything yet, and don't plan to unless I have some things to offer before. Like you, I would like a stash set aside. This stash already has some items, just not enough yet to be comfortable to me. And I'm new here, but not a new collector, but I understand your post fully.

(thumbs u

And I should have said

Thread right back on track. Now I can participate too! Just need to come up with something I can send.....
I've seen many statements like the one highlighted after something has been claimed.
So I edited it ;)

What I've done is I looked over my collection and put together a stack of books I'm willing to use for PIF offers and set it aside.

:applause:

Glad I'm not alone in this.

;)

WOOHOO :whee:That MP 15 is a major hurdle out of the way.

My offer will start out with a run of Black Dragon(Claremont & Bolton) #1-6 in about 9.0/9.2.Typical spine stress on a few and a VF copy of Fiction Illustrated #2 (digest size) 1976.No scans but I'll get them up tomorrow.

Free USA shipping & I'll cover the first $15 international.

And as I can't stay out of this thread II add something else till it gets got.

Cause images always help sell a book (or in this case give them away.

OP can add his actual pictures/scans when he is able too... and I didnt have a good reference for the Fiction Illustrated #2 thts in the lot... but here are the examples of the Black Dragons

KDH7sVi.jpg

Awesome cover on the #6 :applause:

Awesome read too.Pics & additional items coming shortly.Just got home from slaving for 8 hours in a hot factory.

Thanks MM for the images.Bolton did an incredible job on the interior art too.

Pics of my offer Black Dragon #1-6 closer to 9.0 Claremont & Bolton.

pif005.jpg

pif006.jpg

Fiction Illustrated #2 VF digest size 1976

pif007.jpg

back cover

pif008.JPG

United Comics #16 fair to poor,cover detached as shown but oh that Fritzi Ritz

pif010.jpg

And to sweeten the pot a little here is a later printing of Superfolks.A must read for any collector.

pif012.jpg

Pics of my offer Black Dragon #1-6 closer to 9.0 Claremont & Bolton.

pif005.jpg

pif006.jpg

Fiction Illustrated #2 VF digest size 1976

pif007.jpg

back cover

pif008.JPG

United Comics #16 fair to poor,cover detached as shown but oh that Fritzi Ritz

pif010.jpg

And to sweeten the pot a little here is a later printing of Superfolks.A must read for any collector.

pif012.jpg

Don't know what's up with the sizing of the pics but here's the latest addition to the offer.

Nuts #1 paperback.

pif011.jpg

Looks NM but interior covers are browning a little bit.1985 Fastner cover with Harvey Kurtzman,Bob Fingerman,Rick Geary and others

This is a great offer especially for British authors lovers. (thumbs u

My books for techvodoo (Hulk #126 and Captain Marvel #32) have shipped today. :foryou:

Thanks vaillant, I'll let ya know when it gets here. I shipped the run of Amazing Spider-man to manicnerd yesterday also. Sorry I cheap'd out and shipped media mail, but you should have it by about Thursday or Friday.

Annnnnnnnnnd......there's the wall this thread inevitably hits.

Newest addition to what I've offered before is Jonny Quest #5 News stand edition.DAVE STEVENS COVER.And it needs a pressing.There are a couple of scanner artifacts in the

black area along the spine

pif001.jpg

Probably one more addition and then I'll throw up an option (shrug)

It occurred to me that some people may not be familiar with Superfolks, the novel that is just one part of the current offer.

If you aren't familiar with Superfolks, but are a fan of Alan Moore, this book is kind of a must have. It came out in 1977 and deconstructed superheroes in a way similar to Watchmen and some of Moore's other works - so similar, in fact, that many people have accused him of outright thievery. Whatever Happened to the Man or Tomorrow was apparently very heavily influenced by Superfolks as well.

Here's a series of articles exploring how Grant Morrison himself accused Moore of stealing his ideas for Watchmen, Marvelman and Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? from Superfolks:

http://comicsbeat.com/alan-moore-and-superfolks-part-1-the-case-for-the-prosecution/

A top notch offer for Moore fans or comics historians (thumbs u

Toz should be getting his package today.

Enjoy!

Yes.I got them yesterday but forgot to check the mail.Just picked up a new/used/myfirstgrill at an auction and was stoked to try it out.Needless to say I am totally hooked on grilling.But I digress,manicnerd sent me some of the sweetest books I've gotten in quite awhile.I am truly grateful for the Marvel Premiers 15.Thank You Jeff.You Sir,are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't find what I've been looking for but I will get it dug out and scanned soon.It a full run of

Camelot 3000

Well I really hate doing this,especially since Bosco liked it so much but I can't find the Camelot 3000 books anywhere.Looked through 30+ boxes twice and the one I was sure they were in I looked through 3 times.I'm just glad no one had claimed them yet.So sorry that happened but I'll offer up another fine run of probably a much more popular character.Scans coming tomorrow.

To replace the above retracted offer I have The Destroyer Marvel Magazine #1-9.Lots of sweet Norem covers and a pretty good read.Average grades around 9.2 .