• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I've made the following revision to the rules:

-Ship book(s) quickly so people aren't left hanging. No later than two weeks after someone claims your offer.

How about adding that you can't take an offer if you haven't shipped out an offer that somebody took from you? hm

Re: MkKiller

There can be no real justification for not having shipped an offer claimed in March. Yes, some of us can be a bit tardy when it comes to shipping the PIF items but March? C'mon!

IF there was/is a real reason for not having shipped, he should have PM'ed the taker and let them know.

I don't know, based on this behaviour, I would definitely not buy anything from or even sell anything to this guy.

There can be no real justification for not having shipped an offer claimed in March. Yes, some of us can be a bit tardy when it comes to shipping the PIF items but March? C'mon!

IF there was/is a real reason for not having shipped, he should have PM'ed the taker and let them know.

I don't know, based on this behaviour, I would definitely not buy anything from or even sell anything to this guy.

Not to mention, in the signature forums he doesn't even realize how many people he owes books to. :tonofbricks:

Not to mention, in the signature forums he doesn't even realize how many people he owes books to. :tonofbricks:

Link?

hm

What does his eBay auction ending have anything to do with it? Perhaps we could find his eBay auctions bid and win and not pay until PIF's are confirmed as sent and delivered...Or just go back on your bid so the guy knows how it feels...

Link?

hm

What does his eBay auction ending have anything to do with it? Perhaps we could find his eBay auctions bid and win and not pay until PIF's are confirmed as sent and delivered...Or just go back on your bid so the guy knows how it feels...

I assumed he needed the ebay $$$ to pay to the shipping on the PIF stuff, but that was really giving it the benefit of the doubt. (shrug)

:news:

Update to everyone: we involved, and a few other boardies more involved here, are having an ongoing discussion via PM together with NamesJay, which is the thread starter.

Mkkiller apologized and promised he’d repair for the unsent shipping to woregul (mine and techvoodoo’s should be on their way) and also add something for him to make up for the lack of care.

At this point, since on my part I am willing to believe him and give him the opportunity, I would just ask a favor: if some people has had unsent items, in the Signature forums or elsewhere, I would just ask you to solicitate him via PM and report here, so this might help for an appropriate decision even for the revision to the thread rules here, and just in case it will become clearer if a nomination for the Probation List (global) is appropriate.

Thanks everyone! (thumbs u

:news:

In my opinion, he should still be on the PL until he fixes this.

If/when that happens, he can then be removed.

I have PMd him once again addressing him here, and showed the full extent of the consequences of his lack of care. If he is willing to make it up, there will be a revision to the rules for everyone when NamesJay has the time, otherwise we will do as you said.

I've made the following revision to the rules:

-Ship book(s) quickly so people aren't left hanging. No later than two weeks after someone claims your offer.

How about adding that you can't take an offer if you haven't shipped out an offer that somebody took from you? hm

Dangit, you said it before I did and better as well.

:)

-slym

I think the update to the rules is fine as it is. Adding more seems unnecessarily over-protective of a very specific set of circumstance.

Also, just realized this thread's 1 year anniversary is in 2 days. Party in the PiF thread?

I think the update to the rules is fine as it is. Adding more seems unnecessarily over-protective of a very specific set of circumstance.

Also, just realized this thread's 1 year anniversary is in 2 days. Party in the PiF thread?

And we just hit page 300 woo.

Also current offer

I'll post photos of my offer when I get home, it will be a very high grade raw RRP Lady Mechanika #0 signed by Campbell and Benitez (the version where she's straddling the train).

Wow, I've waited about 3 months for one of my PIF and feel obligated to pass on down the waiting pain.

I'm upfront about my laziness, and still need to send out my last offer to Mr. SigS, it's been about two months, so I'm actually ahead of the curve.

I guess I know I'm good for it so don't worry and on the other hand I don't mind waiting.

I have the box packed with a couple slabs, a couple trades, a nice run and a few foreign variants. I will say I'll ship it tomorrow but probably won't.

I also don't take anything while I'm subjecting my victim to the waiting game.

I was going to mention mikenycs persistent tardiness - 6 weeks in my case, but as he seems to already know that hes being at best lazy and at worse uncaring there seems to be no point.

I don't see how we can 'enforce' the 'sending it' rule - it would take everyone to chime in that they had received their items and just clog the thread to blazes.

Cheats like MKiller will always get exposed, and if you want to deal with the likes of Mikenyc then caveat emptor.

I say just carry-on and let trust be the basis of transactions here. Its meant to be fun so lets not let 2 bad apples ruin the thread.